Apply for the job of Program Associate.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our professional staff includes experts in education, health, nutrition, economic development, civil society and environment as well as crosscutting experts in gender issues, research, applied science, behavior change and technology giving us the unique mix of capabilities to address today’s diverse and interrelated development challenges.
FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world FHI 360 – Uganda is seeking a qualified candidate for the USAID/Uganda Education and Research to Improve Climate Change Adaptation program, which is designed to help establish the Makerere University Center for Climate Change Research and Innovation (MUCCRI) as a recognized national and regional hub of academic, professional development and research excellence in climate science, research, climate adaptation and related disciplines.
Job Summary: The program associate will provide administrative, programmatic and logistical support to the USAID/ Uganda Education and Research to Improve Climate Change Adaptation program team.
Deadline: 15th December, 2013
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lend a hand to the project staff with administrative and programmatic requests.
- Assist with planning technical assistance visits.
- Process travel authorization, expense reports and consultancy agreements, and follow
up with consultants on related travel and administrative needs.
- Support preparation of briefing materials for technical assistance teams and consultants.
- Assist with preparing and compiling reports on a variety of technical and non-technical topics.
Coordinate review and approval of subproject documents.
- Assist in tracking the status of program implementation.
- Ensure administrative tasks are regularly tracked and adhere to country work plans.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should possess a Bachelor’s degree in natural resource related field
- Experience of at least a year to three years relevant with an international development programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and organizational skills.
- Relevant computer software skills including Microsoft office products.
- Possess the ability to interact with others and handle problem situations with tact, occasional external contacts.
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter with an updated resume including salary requirements by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the job reference in the subject line of your email