Organization: Housing Finance Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Technology Service and Infrastructure Manager
Housing Finance Bank was incorporated as a private company under the Companies Act in December 1967, the Bank has become a household name and has grown in leaps and bounds with a good track record among the pioneers of a mortgage lending. National Housing & Construction Corporation, a parastatal involved in real estate business has 5% shareholding and National Social Security Fund (NSSF) holds 50% and the Government of Uganda holds 45%. Today, the bank looks back with pride on the business accomplished in the mortgage lending business. Through innovation and placing emphasis on Honesty, Integrity, Efficiency and Customer care, Housing Finance Bank is the leader in the mortgage, holding a 90% market share.
Job Summary: The UNIX Systems and Network Specialist will support the Bank to implementing and maintaining the Hardware, Operating Systems and network infrastructure.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Build, install, configure, optimise, troubleshoot and maintain the banks desktop and server operating systems in line with IT policies
· Keenly review performance of storage systems and network systems including day-to-day management and administration of NAS/SAN/Storage hardware
· Efficiently deploy patches and releases in accordance with release notes provided by the technology partner of the Bank and internal procedures.
· Install, configure, optimise, troubleshoot and maintain network devices of the Bank.
· Actively monitor network performance and correct network problems, ensuring that the network operates correctly with minimal interruption.
· In charge of installing, configuring, patching and upgrading all operating systems in line with the banks strategy.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Technology Service and Infrastructure Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a bachelor’s degree in the following fields is required; BSc in Computer Science, Bachelor of Information Technology, or Bachelor of Electrical Engineering.
· Professional Cisco CCNA Certification.
· Practical experience in Windows, Sun Solaris, Linux and network devices and peripherals.
· Good working knowledge of virtualization technologies like VMware, Solaris virtualization.
· Be a good diagnostician to figure out what is causing problems in the network and server operating systems.
· Past exposure and experience in managing Windows, UNIX or Linux operating systems
· Good working knowledge of PC and Server Hardware
· Focuses on results and responds positively to feedback.
· Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive attitude.
· Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexly.
· Possess the ability and willingness to work for long hours and on weekends.
Age: Below 35 years.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates who wish to join the Banking sector are invited to send theirapplications including an updated CV, certified copies of all academic transcripts, certificates and testimonials, daytime telephone contact, and email address of both applicant, and three competent referees addressed to:
Head Human Resources, Housing Finance Bank, Plot 4 Wampewo Avenue; P. O. Box 1539, Kampala. Uganda.
NB: Only successful candidates will be contacted. All applicants who will not have heard from us within five weeks of closing date should consider theirapplication unsuccessful.
Deadline: 11th June, 2015