Job Title: Junior Research Officer (Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Tufts Global Inc
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
UFTS Global Inc. seeks to develop new generations of effective and ethical leaders who are able and driven to comprehend complexity, reflect cultural and political nuance, and engage as responsible global citizens in anticipating and confronting the world’s most pressing problems.
Job Summary: The Junior Research Officer will work closely with the Senior Resilience Advisor (SRA) and the Resilience Learning and Communication Officer (RLCO) to streamline effective research and learning agenda for stakeholders in Karamoja. S/he will assist the SRA and other researchers in the development and execution of context-relevant research/study design, dissemination, and learning. A successful person in this role will be a highly motivated person with readiness to learn and adapt to circumstances as and when they arise. The person should be able to independently perform assigned tasks and bring ideas to implementation as well as ability to multi-task, prioritize, problem solve and keen attention to details. The person should have an interest and ability to work in remote environments. An awareness of and sensitivity to culture and local traditions is critical.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the SRA to ensure implementation of effective research and learning designed to bridge knowledge gaps identified by stakeholders,
- Assist the SRA to plan, conduct, and document studies on pastoral livelihoods, conflict, pastoralism, human nutrition, food security, among others relevant to Karamoja,
- Assist the SRA and other senior researchers in building the capacity of Research Assistants (RAS) through training and on the job mentoring,
- Work closely RLCO to disseminate evidence to partners and stakeholders in the coordination and learning events, and facilitate learning,
- Assist the SRA, RLCO, and the field coordinator in maintaining and growing learning and knowledge management partnerships with various stakeholders in the sub-region including DLGs and civil society organization.
- Work closely with the field coordinator in planning and executing field logistics during data collection,
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in development studies or other relevant field.
- At least two years of experience in supporting participatory research in pastoral livelihoods, conflict, human nutrition, and food security
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills in English
- Excellent skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships
- Knowledge of Karamoja sub-region and Ng’akarimojong language is desired.
- Women are encouraged to apply Supervisory Responsibility: None Reports directly to: Senior Resilience Advisor Works with: RLCO; Karamoja field coordinator, project finance, administration and logistics team.
How to Apply:
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
Deadline: 7th July 2022