Job Title: Logistics Officer
Organisation: War Child Holland (WCH)
Duty Station: Uganda
About War Child:
War Child is an independent and impartial, international nongovernmental organisation investing in a peaceful future for children and young people affected by armed conflict. Children need to be protected from violence. By using creative and involving workshops we unleash the children’s inner strength. That is our mission. We work with children regardless of their religion, ethnicity, social background, or gender.
About War Child Holland:
War Child Holland (WCH) is an international non-governmental organization investing in a peaceful future for children and young people affected by armed conflict. Since 2004 War Child Holland has been working in Uganda and currently operates in Acholi and Lango.
Job Summary: The Logistics Officer will ensure that WCH’s logistical, procurement, transport, fleet and security processes are coordinated effectively and efficiently. His / her focal areas of implementation will be asset management and support in closing down offices and projects.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics Management is preferred
- Seven or more years of working experience
- Fluent in English (spoken and written word)
- Skills in ICT and technical knowledge and (basic) technical knowledge on cars
- Excellent communication skills, service oriented and a pro-active attitude
- Logical thinking skills and a practical, hands-on mentality
- Result focused and persistent to reach goals
- Efficient and conscious of time
- Good planning and organization skills
- Possess the ability to work with a high degree of professionalism
- Accurate, consistent and transparent
- Be a good team player
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified candidates who desire to join the Non-governmental section are invited to apply by sending an email with an updated CV, a short letter of motivation and three work related referees to: email@example.com.
NB: Your application should not exceed 2MB and cannot be more than 5 pages. Please clearly mention Vacancy Logistics Officer in the subject line.
Deadline: 31st December 2014