The Academic Registrar Makerere University announces Pre-Examination admission Bachelor of Laws 2022/2023 to be held on 20th August 2022.
To be eligible to sit the examination, applicants must possess the minimum admission requirements of the University, and any one of the following specific requirements:
- A’ Level leavers:Must hold an ‘O’ Level Certificate (UCE) or its equivalent with at least 5 Passes plus A Level Certificate (UACE) or its equivalent having obtained a minimum of 13 points (Males) and 12 points (for Females) in any ‘A’ Level combination for both Humanities and Sciences. Candidates who did ‘A’ Level before 2013 should have 15 and 14 points for male and female applicants respectively.
- Diploma Holders:Must possess at least a 2nd Class or Credit Diploma from a recognised institution. Certified Copies of Diploma Transcripts (No Provisional Results) from the Awarding Institutions must be attached to the Application Forms.
- Mature Age Applicants:Must have passed the Makerere University Mature Age Entry Examination (for Bachelor of Laws) for either December 2019 or October 2021.
- Degree Holders:Must be graduates in any Discipline from a Chartered University. Certified Copies of Degree Transcripts (No Provisional Results) from the Awarding Institutions must be attached to the Application Forms. (Degree holders are not eligible for Government sponsorship)
- All applicants wishing to be admitted to the Bachelor of Laws Programme offered by Makerere University are required to sit and pass the pre-entry examination of Makerere University.
- All applicants interested in private sponsorship for day (LAW), Afternoon (LLA) and Law Executive (LLE) will apply for admission when the advert is published.
- All applicants who hold Diplomas and Degrees must present a Certified copy of the academic transcript. Provisional results shall not be accepted to register for this examination.
- Applicants should note that admission is based on performance in the pre-entry examination and intake capacities for private day and private afternoon for all categories i.e ‘A level, Diploma holder, Mature age, degree holder and international applicants. Details of available slots for each category could be accessed at the university website.
- All applicants must present the original academic documents to The Academic Registrar’s Office at Makerere University during the registration process. In future correspondence please quote the reference number above
Application Forms for those intending to sit the examination are obtainable at the University, Room 505, Senate Building on payment of a Non-refundable Fee Shs. 110,000/=which covers also six past papers), paid in any Stanbic Bank Branch, DFCU, Post bank, UBA and Centenary Bank,) after getting a Payment Registration Number. The Application fee exclude bank charges.
Procedure of payment of Application Fees
Visit the https://pay.mak.ac.ug/ portal to make payment.
Or Dial the *165# USSD code
from your MTN mobile number and then select:
-(option 4) Payments
-(option 5) Fees & Taxes
(option 1) URA
-Select with “PRN Payment” and enter the PRN or reference number generated from the
-Enter the PIN to effect payment
All application forms must be returned in person to the same office with evidence of payment of the Application Fee.
The closing date for submitting the completed application forms is Friday 29th July, 2022.
The Pre-Entry Examination shall cover following areas:
- a) Reading and Comprehension Skills
- b) Language Skills
- c) Numerical Skills and Logic
- d) General Knowledge
e)Analytical Writing Skills
Further details be obtained from Room 505, Senate Building, Makerere University.
Down the letter below;
Source Makerere University