Job Title: Management Accountant
Organisation: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The PAU’s mandate is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
Job Summary: This role supports the Senior Management Accountant by optimizing the Authority’s financial management policies, performs financial analysis, prepares financial forecasts, and supports the provision of financial management advice to senior management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the preparation and consolidation of budget proposals into the budget framework paper, as well as the procurement plan to manage resources.
- Facilitate and aid in budgeting for resource requirements in the Business Unit.
- Support the monitoring and reporting of periodical financial performance by facilitating the production of management accounting reports to manage resources of the PAU.
- Support the monitoring of the Business Unit Work plan.
- Extract reports and make analyses of trends in budget utilization.
- Prepare and submit monthly Bank Reconciliation reports to the Finance Manager for review.
- Reconcile the expenditure accruals and prepayments accounts.
- Follow up submissions, delays and queries arising out of accountabilities with the responsibility centres.
- Receive, register and analyze accountabilities to ensure compliance to management guidelines.
- Undertake any other assignments as may be directed from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- An Honors Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or any other related field
- A professional certification in Accounting and Finance (CPA, ACCA etc).
- At least three years working experience in Financial Management or Management accounting in a reputable Organization.
- Added Advantage: A Master’s degree in Financial Management or Accounting from an internationally recognized University / Institution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly staff relations, oral and written communications.
- Possession of an impeccable record of integrity.
- Accounting and auditing skills.
- Computer Skills and application of financial accounting software/systems.
- Analytical and Report Writing skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below.
Click Here (Register) -> Proceed to Application
- ONLY online applications will be considered.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
Deadline: 5th December 2022 by 11:59 pm.