Job Title: Manager, Investment Planning and Promotion
The Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is the Secretariat of the Rural Electrification Board (REB) as established by Statutory Instrument 2001 No. 75. The REB’s main function is to oversee the management of the Rural Electrification Fund (REF) and facilitate the development and implementation of rural electrification projects under several sources of funding (i.e. Government of Uganda, World Bank under Energy for Rural Transformation, (ERT) project, SIDA, JICA, NORAD, BADEA, SFD, etc.)
Job Summary: The Manager, Investment Planning and Promotion will be responsible for project identification, prioritization, detailed studies, preliminary designs, pipelining and packaging for both public and private sector investment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify priority projects, coordinate the preparation of their feasibility studies, develop an annual pipeline of projects on priority basis & package them for funding and follow up on resource mobilization.
- Offer technical support to the master planning process for the service territories and continuously update the master plans on a year to year basis.
- Work closely with the Manager Project Development & Management, mobilize local authorities and communities to identify and initiate rural electrification projects in their areas.
- Actively promote innovative technological and business approaches, including low cost solutions, to realize cost savings and to bring energy services to sparsely populated areas.
- Ensure compliance of proposed projects with the Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF).
- Build and maintain REA’s GIS-based rural electrification database for use by project planners and potential investors.
- Prepare annual status reports on rural electrification planning, including priority projects which have been pipelined for investment, community initiated projects and private sector projects being initiated and supported by REA.
- Prepare the annual budget and work plan for the department to be integrated into the REA annual plan and work plan.
- Perform any duties as may be assigned by the Deputy Executive Director.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate for the Managerial position in REA should hold a good Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering. Possession of a Master’s degree or a post-graduate qualification in finance/economics from a recognized higher institution of learning would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of seven 0r more years’ experience working in electrification planning, policy making or regulation, with emphasis in power network issues.
- Significant experience in managing complex processes and a proven track record in designing and managing projects.
- Highly motivated and a committed team player.
- The candidate with expertise in financial and economic analysis of projects will have an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply for the job:
All candidates are encouraged to send their hand written applications together with updated CVs, copies of academic transcripts and certificates plus names and addresses of three reputable referees should be submitted to:
Executive Director, Rural Electrification Agency, Plot 10 Windsor Loop, Kololo 2nd Floor, House of Hope P.O. Box 7317 Kampala. Uganda
Please note that only short listed applicants shall be contacted.
Deadline: Friday 3rd, October 2014 by 5.00pm