Job Title: Manager Management Accounting
Organisation: Uganda Electricity Generation Company Limited (UEGCL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Finance Officer
Uganda Electricity Generation Company Limited (UEGCL) is a Public Limited Liability Company incorporated in March 2001 under the companies Act (Cap 110), the Laws of Uganda and in conformity with the Electricity Act, 199 UEGCL started operation on 1st April 2001 and is wholly owned by the Government of the Republic of Uganda, with the head office located in Kampala. The mandate of UEGCL is to establish, acquire, maintain and operate electricity generation facilities as well as promote Research and Development in the Electricity generation sector while running the company on sound business principals.
Job Summary: The Manager Management Accounting will be responsible for providing financial support to the organisation through delivery of financial planning, interpretation, analysis and high-quality reporting to support effective decision making as well as the regular review of the accounting policies and procedures to ensure relevance and revisions where necessary in line with IFRS and IPSAS
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop budget guidelines and time schedules to coordinate the annual budget process for the organization and ensure alignment of budgets to approved workplans
- Develop cost estimates for existing products/plants in line with approved regulations and financial analysis on new initiatives
- Analyse and appraise capital expenditure and recommend their financial viability to the CFO
- Prepare accurate and timely management accounts in line with the company policy
- Monitor performance of departments against set targets and cost control seeking explanations and action plans for variances.
- Develop and design systems for effective cash management in line with company strategies
- Review and update financial policies and procedures in accordance with statutory guidelines
- Promote sound financial management by ensuring adherence to and compliance with the IPSAS
- Promote effective team work, manage and support the professional and technical development of the Budget team
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Perform any other duties that may be required from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, BCOM or related field
- Professional qualification/ certification in ACCA, CPA is a must
- Master’s Degree in Business and Accounting related field is a must.
- At least seven years of work experience in accounting and finance related work with at least (2) years at senior level with a busy and credible organisation.
- Full knowledge of International financial reporting standards – IFRS.
- Strong experience in budgeting and forecasting.
- Experience in managing staff and delivering results to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and high level of integrity
- Strong IT skills especially excel, power point and any other relevant applications
- Ability to work under pressure and critical decision making
- Ability to operate both at strategic and operational level.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons are invited to address their applications with copies of certified academic documents, professional qualifications and detailed Curriculum Vita indicating two referees and their full addresses to:
The Chief Human Resource Officer,
Uganda Electricity Generation Company Limited,
Block C, Plot 6-9, Victoria Office Park, Okot Close, Bukoto,
P.O Box 75831, Kampala. Uganda
Applications should be submitted electronically as one attachment only in portable documents format (pdf) indicating the position applied for in the subject line to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only online applications will be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to present original copies of certified academic documents during interviews.
- Applications without authentic academic transcripts will not be considered. UEGCL offers equal opportunities for both male and female applicants.
Deadline: 4th August 2023