Job Title: MEAL Officer – Kulea Watoto (Fresher US NGO Jobs)
Organisation: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kyegegwa, Uganda
Reports to: RMEL Manager -Kulea Watoto
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education, and power.
Job Summary: Reporting to the RMEL Manager -Kulea Watoto, the MEAL Officer works closely with program teams to optimize monitoring capabilities and opportunities, evaluation, accountability, and learning for Kulea Watoto project to ensure high-quality programming for the clients we serve and to support the overall ambitions of the of IRC’s Strategy100 and the country’s strategic action plan. The MEAL Officer supervises and implements MEAL project activities working with the project staff in Kampala, Kyegegwa and Yumbe collecting routine data from ECD and livelihood interventions
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Program support and learning:
- Work in close collaboration with the RMEL manager, design, develop and continuously update project MEAL, and impact measurement tools and systems in a timely manner.
- With support from the RMEL Manager, the MEAL Officer will implement MEAL plans, revise (digital) data collection tools, follow up on processes for online data management, quality checks, and audits, and updating of data visualization
- Identify, document, and share client feedback to improve services and results for our clients.
- Take a lead in the deployment of surveys such as baseline and end line, assessments, and the commission of evaluations in coordination with RMEL Manager, project staff, and partners
- Support the research work under Kulea Watoto aimed at generating learning and credible evidence to support the improvement, expansion, and sustainability of the integrated programming (ECD and livelihoods).
- With the support of RMEL Manager, ensure that learning from the project implementation and research is incorporated into project implementation and improvement plans.
Monitoring and evaluation:
- Take the lead in tracking Kulea Watoto project progress by work plans and targets.
- Coordinate the field-level monitoring, client responsiveness and evaluation activities, reflective practice, and impact measurement.
- Ensure the on-time execution of project monitoring, accountability, and evaluation events including but not limited to needs assessments, labor market survey, baseline survey, final evaluation, data quality audits, project monitoring data, and field supervision.
- Support the field organization of data collection surveys, client satisfaction surveys, and client feedback collection systems.
- Provide technical assistance to project staff, partners, and incentive workers on information management systems, data collection and record keeping,
- Update the MEAL plan and indicator trackers timely and provide feedback to program staff, partners, and other stakeholders on the status and the quality of implementation. (Quarterly performance indicator analysis, including generation of reports as well as presentations for staff related to ongoing performance;)
- Conduct regular data quality checks and verification exercises to ensure reporting and collection of quality data.
- Actively participate in and contribute to MEAL team activities, system assessments, development, and implementation of new systems and/or tools aimed at strengthening overall MEAL practices for Kulea Watoto project
- Provide MEAL inputs for reports written during project implementation.
- In collaboration with the RMEL Manager, support the technical training of partners, project staff and incentive workers.
- Support in the recruitment and onboarding of field incentive workers and enumerators.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a technical degree or equivalent – additional relevant work experience may substitute for education.
- A University degree in a relevant field (such as: statistics & data management, social science, public health, development economics, or a related subject area).
- At least three years of working experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning-related functions.
- Possess basic technical knowledge of M&E approaches and techniques in some or all of the following areas: Outputs, Outcome monitoring, Logical frameworks, Data collection, Basic data analysis, Accountability, Client feedback mechanisms.
- Good computer skills in MS Office, especially Excel; and Word – with experience in writing reports.
- Technical skills in setting up quality MEAL processes and creating logical frameworks and data analysis that leads to learning and action.
- Experience in conducting primary quantitative data collection and data entry.
- Proficiency and experience with mobile data collection such as Kobo, Commcare, ODK as well as proficiency with Microsoft Excel, SPSS, STATA, or other similar software. Knowledge of PowerBi, and GIS software tools are additional assets.
- Demonstrated analytical, systematic thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and non-formal methods together with presentation and reporting skills are a strong asset.
- Confirmed ability to lead, mentor, and empower a small to medium professional team.
- Self-motivated with good organization, and planning skills, including prioritizing work and multi-tasking.
- A strong understanding of accountability and proven ability to build Client Feedback Systems
- Demonstratable ability to engage and build excellent working relationships with local partner organizations implementing the project is vital during project delivery.
- Fluency in English Language both written and spoken is required
- Ability to speak the local language is desired; Knowledge of other local languages is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 24th January 2023