Vacancy title: Medical Officer – Pediatric & Adolescent Care
Type: FULL TIME.
Jobs at: Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Deadline of this Job: 31st December 2019
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kalisizo , East Africa
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative bio – medical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the districts of South-central Uganda.
MEDICAL OFFICER – PEDIATRIC & ADOLESCENT CARE
DUTY STATION: KALISIZO
The position holder will provide technical assistance to ensure timely and quality accelerated HIV care service delivery across all the supported Districts. .
• Oversee the implementation and coordination of adolescent Care & treatment activities across Masaka region.
• Support mentoring & CMEs for HCWs and project teams in relation to HIV/AIDS care and treatment.
• Support roll out of National HIV treatment guidelines and other related guidelines in HIV/AIDS care as recommended by the funders and Ministry of Health.
• Spearhead the planning, budgeting and monitoring of expenditure for care and treatment activities across Masaka region
• Make reports on key activities related to HIV/AIDS treatment in Masaka region as required by the project and its stakeholders including Funders & Ministry of Health.
• Provide on call/distance TA support for the handling of complicated HIV/AIDS cases.
• Support Quality Assurance of HIV/AIDS services at facilities and recommend corrective action.
• Work as part of the Masaka Region HIV Mechanism team that aims at achieving HIV epidemic control.
• Participate in meetings that review the performance and address bottlenecks affecting HIV/AIDS care and treatment services in Masaka region
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Experience in providing technical Assistance to large scale HIV/AIDS HSS interventions within Ministry of Health structures and systems.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience in HIV/AIDS management.
• Good working knowledge of HIV/AIDS programs, strategies, processes and techniques used to plan, develop, implement and evaluate results of HIV/AIDS programs.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team.
• Knowledge of USG programming policies and regulations, Ministry of Health and district procedures and practices.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• A bachelor’s degree in Medicine and surgery.
• A master’s degree in public health or related field will be an added advantage.
• Specialized training in HIV/AIDS is an added advantage.
• Active Registration with the Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners Council required.
• At least 2 years of HIV/AIDS/HIV/AIDS clinical experience.
Job Education Requirements: bachelor’s degree in Medicine and surgery
Job Experience Requirements: 2 years
Job application procedure
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees, and copies of academic qualifications/certificates, addressed to the HR Manager to email@example.com Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. Only online applications will be considered. Deadline for Submission: Tuesday, 31st December 2019 by 5:00pm. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.