Vacancy title: Medical Services Manager
Type: FULL TIME.
Category: Health Care
Jobs at: Reach Out
Deadline of this Job: Monday 6th January 2020
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Mbuya/ Kinawataka/Banda , East Africa
Reach Out Mbuya HIV/AIDS Initiative (ROM) is a Faith-Based Non-Governmental Organization
(NGO), founded in 2001 to provide holistic care to the urban poor living with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
ROM aims to curb the spread of HIV among the members of the community it serves and enable those
already living with and affected by HIV/AIDS to live a responsible and dignified life. Offering a unique
model of care, ROM focuses on the body, mind, spiritual, family, and community wellbeing.
Purpose of the Job
To plan and supervise the provision of medical services in ROM and ensure compliance to the set
procedures, regulations, standards and targets while identifying opportunities to improve efficiency and
effectiveness of patient care. .
Key Result Areas
• Quality medical care
• Department budget and work plan developed and tracked
• Optimal department work flow and productivity
• Timely, comprehensive and accurate clinical data captured
• Effective and efficient medical services operations
• Knowledge transfer
Duties and Responsibilities
As part of the Senior Management Team, the role shall;
1. Supervise and monitor implementation of medical activities at all ROM sites; Ensuring
health, safety and security in all medical work places for both ROM staff and patients.
2. Develop and manage departmental work plans and budgets; Compiling periodic reports
including quarterly Board meeting department reports.
3. Create processes, systems and procedures that support quality medical service; replicating
best practice; Spearheading the development and review of appropriate clinical protocols.
4. Coach, mentor, motivate and assess performance of department staff to support retention of
talent; ensuring optimal service delivery, engaged staff and succession planning.
5. Coordinate vertically and laterally within the ROM structure to inform program design,
evaluation, development and other strategic inputs; Involving in the fundraising effort of
ROM by linking, recommending and identifying relevant opportunities for donors,
partnerships, collaborations and professional networks.
6. Keep management and staff in the medical department abreast of national trends and targets
in HIV (and other diseases) prevalence and management to ensure ROM remains up to date;
Verifying and recommending purchase or supply of drugs, medical supplies and equipment
7. Ensure quality integration of Primary Health Care in ROM service delivery and growth;
Ensuring various medical care related projects’ deliverables are realized.
8. Monitor the quality of data (completeness and accuracy) collected by the medical
9. Promote the Vision, Mission and Values of ROM in all department activities;
10. Any other duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Education and Qualifications
• Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from an accredited University.
• Masters in Public Health, Business Administration or related management post graduate
• Full Registration Certificate from the Uganda Medical and Dental Practioners’ Council plus a
current practicing license.
• At least five (5) years post internship practicing experience of which three (3) should be in
Comprehensive HIV/AIDS care and management and at least two (2) with management or
• Experience working on PEPFAR or other US Government funded projects is an added
• Knowledge and experience of research methods – both quantitative and qualitative an advantage.
• Interpersonal skills
• Multi-tasking and organized
• Excellent communication skills and managerial courage
• Dependable, good professional judgement and strong character
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
Job Experience Requirements: five (5) years
Job application procedure
Send a cover letter and CV/resume with three professional referees as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Monday 6th January 2020. Both cover letter/application and CV/Resume must not exceed 6 pages. All relevant academic documents should be sent as a single document in PDF or Microsoft Word format. Include title of job in email subject line.