The Microsoft AI Idea Challenge is a competition for developers, students, professionals and data scientists seeking innovative, breakthrough artificial intelligence (AI) solutions. Preference will be given for solutions developed on Microsoft AI Platform and services.
This competition recognizes the developers who are paving the path for future of AI development, and helping to accelerate Microsoft AI adoption and innovation. This opportunity also provides a platform for developers, students and data scientists community to freely share AI models and applications, so they are reusable and easily accessible.
The Microsoft AI Idea Challenge is looking for AI solutions across all use cases. For examples and ideas, please visit www.ailab.microsoft.com. The top three ideas will each receive prizes (please see below for the prizes), plus an opportunity to present the idea with Microsoft on AI Lab. Your ideas are judged on the following three parameters-
30% – Complexity to Implement
The Microsoft AI Challenge is accepting submissions between August 13th– October 12th, 2018. Individuals or teams are required to submit a working AI model, test dataset, any demo app and a demo video (max. three minutes long) to qualify for the competition.
We encourage you to register early and upload your projects soon, so that you can begin to plan and build your solution and create your demo video, and submit them on time.
One (1) First Prize (s). The winner will receive:
A(n) Microsoft 13.5″ Surface Book 2 Multi-Touch 2-in-1 Notebook (Silver) . Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $1,499.00.
One (1) Second Prize (s). The winner will receive:
A(n) DJI Drone- DJI Mavic Pro Bundle (Drone, Bag, Extra Props). Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $999.00.
One (1) Third Prize (s). The winner will receive:
A(n) XBOX ONE- https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one-x#buy. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $499.99.=
The ARV of electronic prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. We will determine the value of the prize to be the fair market value at the time of prize award.
The total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of all prizes: $2,997.99
Upload your project – To submit an entry, visit the Contest website and follow the instructions to register and submit your entry.
Idea review – Please submit a working AI model, test dataset, any demo app and a demo video (max. three minutes long) to qualify for the competition. Your submitted project goes through detailed review process by our judges.
Winner announcement – Winners will be announced within 14 days after contest closes.
Prizes – The top three ideas (each) win prizes as mentioned below in the “Prizes” section, plus an opportunity to present a possible video on AI Lab with Microsoft to showcase the solution.
To be eligible, an entry must meet the following content/technical requirements:
- Your entry must be your own original work; and
- For video entry, please note the video must be solely the work of the person/team, including but not limited to, the actual filming, editing, graphic design, etc. of the video.
- Your entry cannot have been selected as a winner in any other contest; and
- You must have obtained any and all consents, approvals, or licenses required for you to submit your entry; and
- To the extent that entry requires the submission of user-generated contest such as software, photos, videos, music, artwork, essays, etc., entrants warrant that their entry is their original work, has not been copied from others without permission or apparent rights, and does not violate the privacy, intellectual property rights, or other rights of any other person or entity. You may include Microsoft trademarks, logos, and designs, for which Microsoft grants you a limited license to use for the sole purposes of submitting an entry into this Contest; and
- Your entry may not contain, as determined by us in our sole and absolute discretion, any content that is obscene or offensive, violent, defamatory, disparaging or illegal, or that promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco or a particular political agenda, or that communicates messages that may reflect negatively on the goodwill of Microsoft.
How to Enter:
To submit an entry, visit the Contest website and follow the instructions to register and submit your entry.
The entry limit is one per person overall.
Any attempt by any you to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different accounts, identities, registrations, logins, or any other methods will void your entries and you may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited.
We are not responsible for excess, lost, late, or incomplete entries. If disputed, entries will be deemed submitted by the “authorized account holder” of the email address, social media account, or other method used to enter. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email address by an internet or online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses.