Job Title: Mobile Librarian
Organisation: Pangea Educational Development (PANGEA)
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
Reports to: Director of Mobile Libraries
Pangea Educational Development (PANGEA) is a small non-profit organization that believes in the liberating power and opportunities provided by a quality education. Our model was developed to empower communities to improve their own educational circumstances: the school environment, livelihoods of teachers, and access for under-resourced students and to do so in a way that is sustainable. We are a community of changemakers, mixed with staff, volunteers, and community champions. Each member of our community is working towards realizing our mission by dedicating their time and skills through a wholehearted commitment to it. As a result, we are equally dedicated to those who work with us.
Job Summary: Pangea Educational Development works to create culturally relevant content and programs that help children learn to read and inspire them to read more often. The Mobile Librarian will focus on increasing access to learning materials. The role requires both in-person relationship building with learners, logistical expertise, and inventory management. The Mobile Librarian will take the lead role in the execution of the following Primary Responsibilities and an assistant role on the following Secondary Responsibilities:
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver books to school who subscribe to the Pangea Mobile Library Program
- Facilitate assessments and surveys among the Mobile Library users
- Manage Mobile Library books inventory including the development of project workflow, systems, asset organization, and cleanliness of the library.
- Assisting with Mobile Library Data management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The applicant should hold relevant qualifications, skills and experience
How to Apply:
All candidates should submit:
- Full CV
- A 1-Page Cover Letter describing your relevant experience to this position, why our mission matters to you, and how you will use your privilege to achieve it. Please type the words “I am detail-oriented” in the footer.
Deadline: 4th August 2022