Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Organization:: Norwegian Refugee Council
Address : Kampala, Uganda
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Assist in data collection methods and tools to support programs in needs assessment, baseline assessment, output and outcome monitoring and evaluation of the on-going projects.
- Assist in data management, entry and analysis.
- Ensure that a beneficiary accountability mechanism is in place and utilized.
- Prepare and submit bi-weekly and monthly reports
- Ensure proper filing of project documents and reports
- Conduct routine monitoring and follow-up of project activities
- Other activities agreed and discussed with M&E Officer
- Responsible for managing, recording, sharing, following up and consolidating community feedback about NRC’s interventions and ensuring community feedback is fed back into the project cycle management.
- Work closely with the program teams, M&E.
- Responsible for data collection, entry and analysis
- Support the cash transfer component under cash for the Education in Kyangwali.
- Post distribution monitoring.
- University degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Information & computer Systems Management, or related qualification. Additional training in M&E is an added advantage.
- At least 1 year of experience in an NGO preferably in humanitarian setting while handling M&E.
- Ability to receive and handle confidential and sensitive information (highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential)
- Computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Academy college / University
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Strong analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative)
Excellent one to one and group communication /information presentation skills
Experience in training and capacity building in M&E mechanisms at various project levels
Ability to manage conflicting priorities
Goal oriented with ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
Monthly Salary based on NRC Uganda Salary Scale
Leave and Holidays accordingly Ugandan Labor law
Contract up to December 2019-Renewable
Duty Station: Insigiro and support Kyangwali.
Start Date: ASAP. applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. you are encouraged to apply as soon as you can.
Qualified female local candidates are encourage to apply