Vacancy title: Nurses
Type: FULL TIME.
Category: Health Professionals
Jobs at: Watoto Babies Home
Deadline of this Job: 2nd September 2019
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Watoto Child Care Ministries is a ministry of Watoto Church that rescues vulnerable children and restores dignity to them by providing holistically for their physical, spiritual and emotional needs. Watoto has operations in Kampala, Wakiso, Mpigi and Gulu.
Job Summary: The Nurses will contribute to the day-to-day clinical activities within Watoto Babies Home..
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· To participate in daily clinical rounds and perform daily nursing duties as allocated by a nurse supervisor, including but not limited to attending appointments, working with isolated babies, and looking after admitted patients.
· To ensure that clinical issues are promptly resolved, prioritising on what is best for the health and well-being of the babies within baby Watoto.
· To promptly identify and contain infections, with clear instructions given to Baby Watoto staff on infection control and measures.
· To ensure privacy and confidentiality of babies by not revealing their story or medical history to anyone other than those directly involved in their medical care.
· To participate in infants’ feed calculations and nutritional management of those with malnutrition, under the guidance of the supervising nurse.
· To maintain an up-to-date medical records using clear and concise documentation.
· To provide clinical updates regarding infants to the supervising nurse, with pertinent information forwarded with discretion to the nurse coordinator.
· To participate in health programmes within and outside Watoto as and when a need arises, working with a team spirit alongside other medical professionals and external service providers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Watoto Child Care Ministries Nurse career opportunity should hold a Diploma in nursing.
· Must be a registered Nurse with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council.
· At least two years’ experience in paediatric nursing.
· Good interpersonal skills and ability to relate well to children of all ages.
· High level of motivation and initiative and strive for a high standard of practice.
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Diploma
Job Experience Requirements: two years
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send one merged PDF with a cover letter, academic documents and CV ( not more than 6 pages, less than 20MB) a cell recommendation letter email@example.com (Subject Line: Nurse – First Name, Last Name).