Job Title: Office Administrator (3 Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Fundi Bots
Duty Station: Kampala, Mbarara and Mbale, Uganda
Fundi Bots was started in 2011 by Solomon King Benge as a hobby/passion project to help students understand science through robotics. Fundi Bots promotes improved, practical science education in African schools and communities through the provision of hands-on skills and project-based training, with a strong focus on rural and underprivileged regions and a push for equitable inclusion for girls.
Job Summary: The Office Administrator ensures that day to day so general administration tasks within the office space are handled efficiently. You will play a primary role in ensuring that all office administrative functions are coordinated to achieve a high level of productivity within the company. You will act as the first line of contact to visitors, clients, and vendors in person and via telephone.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Contact person and front desk
- Filter, Direct and transfer incoming calls to the concerned persons;
- Manage reception area by welcoming visitors and directing them to relevant offices;
- Offer appropriate responses to all inquiries presented at the front desk whenever necessary;
- Develop and regularly update a database of the staff contacts, Service Providers, Stake holders as well as partners and start-up contacts;
- Handle requests for transport from staff;
- Ensure all visitors are attended to in a courteous manner.
- Maintain the reception area in a clean and professional manner including receiving and directing visitors
- Manage incoming and outgoing calls while keeping log of inquiries
- Prepare weekly/monthly/quarterly centre calendar
- Prepare Centre’s monthly/quarterly reports
- Organize weekly team debrief meeting
- Prepare centre budgets
- Prepare centre accountability reports
- Coordinate STEM/Robotics Schools Outreach programs
- Data entry
- Answering incoming calls
- General office management such as ordering stationary, office groceries among others
- Providing administration support to other departments
- Coordinate all centre programs
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail print/copy if necessary, register, and file;
- Overseeing the maintenance of office facilities and equipment, supervise the cleaning crew, ensuring a clean environment;
- Coordinate office activities to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
- Sorting and distributing incoming and outgoing post and record data on special deliveries
- Provide administrative support for operations team, which includes Photocopying and printing appropriate Documents as needed
- Coordinating and managing appointments, meetings, and the conference room schedule in order to prevent duplicate Bookings.
- Provide general administrative support for the representation desk (make copies, scan documents, draw up and transfer certain forms etc.
- Assist with the administrative organization of visitors (hotel reservations, appointments, etc.)
- Make timely purchases of required sundries for the different divisions as and when needed and ensure that there is sufficient supply;
- Plan refreshments whenever there are scheduled Meetings;
- Request for quotations from service providers;
- Prepare Local Purchase Orders (LPOs) for approval;
- Coordinate event room set up and clean up;
- Assist in planning and arranging events, including organising catering;
- Manage all events operations (Preparing venue, invitations, etc.);
- Do final checks at the day of the event (e.g. tables, technology) to ensure everything meets standards;
- Oversee events happenings and act quickly to resolve problems-in case of any.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field
- Two years of experience in Administrative Assistant Role
- Organization skills, Interpersonal and Communication skills, Analytical skills, Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and collaboration skills.
- Conversant with Ms Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and e-mail.
- Event Management
- Applicants should reside in the region of the office where they are applying to work.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters to
Deadline: 20th March 2023 by 5.00 p.m
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted