Job Title: Pastry Chef
Organisation: Safe Haven Africa
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Safe Haven Africa is anon profit organisation based in Uganda working to provide vulnerable teenage mothers with opportunities to succeed as mothers and leaders that God has called upon to be in their families and communities through spiritual Discipleship and economic empowerment programs.
Job Summary: We are looking to hire an experienced pastry chef to design, maintain and ensure consistent growth in our baking department. If you are hardworking and dedicated, Haven confectionary is an ideal place to get ahead.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and prepare all pastry items as required by the business.
- Prepare, clean and organize ingredients for use in the kitchen.
- Come up with recipe ideas from the scratch.
- Ensure the kitchen is clean and sanitized at all times.
- Maintain up to date knowledge about pastry arts and ingredients.
- Oversea a team of junior pastry cooks and other staff members as necessary.
- Carry out administrative duties to maintain an efficient work space.
- Any other duties assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience working as a pastry chef in a fast paced kitchen environment.
- Able to follow recipes and instructions accurately.
- Great knowledge of pastry arts and ingredients.
- Confident culinary techniques and skills
- Good sense of planning and preparation for the day ahead.
- Diligent and meticulous in making and receiving orders.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Punctual and discipline to ensure optimal work performance.
- Physically able to stand long hours every day in a hot kitchen.
How to Apply:
If you feel you’re the right fit for this job, send your CV and academic documents to;
Email us at: email@example.com