Job Title: Principal – Vocational Training Institute
Organisation: Masaka Vocational Training Institute (MVTI)
Duty Station: Masaka, Uganda
Reports to: The Board of Governors
Masaka Vocational Training Institute (MVTI) is a Business Technical, Vocational Educational Training (BTVET) college that is currently under construction and development. It is located in Bugabira, Nyendo – Mukungwe Division, in Masaka City. MVTI will officially open in January 2023, and offering over ten (10) different BTVET and Directorate of Industrial Training (DIT) approved vocational training and technical courses leading to the award of certificates and diplomas.
Job Summary: The Principal of the Vocational Institute will be the academic, administrative as well as the accounting officer of the Institute. He / she will have the responsibility to oversee the day to day operations therein and to provide administrative and technical curriculum leadership and guidance in all the Institute’s vocational and training programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the successful operation of the Institute by directing the planning, coordination, implementation, administration of the curriculum, educational management and student wellbeing functions,
- Spearhead the planning, budgeting processes and daya to day financial management ensure clear accountability of the institution’s financial resources,
- Plan, direct, coordinate and ensure effective implementation of the Institutions vocational skills, technical education and training programs, as well as the students and staff activities in accordance with the Institute’s Governance Charter, Policies and Statutory Regulations,
- Plan, prepare and conduct lectures and practical lessons for students; • Carry out continuous assessment and evaluation during the training;
- Daily supervision of the Instute’s department tutors, trainers, technical resource persons and other administrative and managemnet staff of the Institute
- Initiate development projects for the institution and mobilize resources for their implementation
- Prepare progress and summary reports for presentation and submission to the board of governors, parents and gurdians, as well as to relevant government and regulatory authorities,
- Establish and maintain relationships with other educational institutions, industrial and trade associations, development partners and other stakeholders to ensure that the Institute’s vocational and technical training programs that are aligned with, meet, and satisfy the demand for skills in the local labour market,
- Act as the Institutes representative and ambassador to promote positive internal and external relationships and strong partnerships with other stakeholders
- Identifies and leads new business development opportunities and ensures highly productive relationships and partnerships are developed and maintained
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold at least a first degree in Bachelor of Technical Teacher Teacher Education (BTTE) in any technical or academic course of study, or any other Bachelors degree in Education with a Post graduate qualifications in Technical / Vocational Teacher Education
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and G-Suite Applications
- A good understanding of Vocational Schools and Technical Institutes’ Management
- Proven integrity with excellent management skills especially in the areas of finance and human resources
- A mature, reliable, committed person with excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Independent decision making skills with the ability to work with minimal or no supervision
- At least ten years experience working in Educational or Vocational / Technical Training Institutions 5 which should be at a level of Senior Management and Leadership
- A sound understanding of the Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) sector
- Knowledge of Academic Governance, Educational Institutional Effectiveness, Higher Educational Institute policies, standards, procedures and practices
How to Apply:
All Interested candidates should send their applications by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Director, Masaka Vocational Training Institute.
Whereas we welcome all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Wednesday 30th November 2022