Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Assistant
Organization: International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Resource Management Officer
Ref: SVN: 12/08/018
Established in 1951, International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive/crosscheck all goods purchased for IOM and raise the Goods Received Note (GRN) against Purchase Order as evidence that goods have been delivered. All the GRN shall be crosschecked and approved by Procurement and Logistics Officer before the items are transferred to stores.
- After verification, process posting in PRISM system using MM module and Make sure the delivery is within tolerance limit. Coordinate any discrepancy with procurement and Suppliers.
- Conduct first review of vendor invoices to ensure compliance with the order and goods received.
- Maintain all IOM stocks with the highest degree of care, integrity, and honesty and in the most transparent manner. Provide support in the implementation of appropriate measures to safe guard Inventory in line with IOM established procedures.
- Liaise with all users for the items received from suppliers to ensure that the right items have been delivered. Ensure goods/services received are of the right quality and that the quantity as described on the Purchase Order.
- Update Bin Cards on daily basis and generate stock report on weekly basis for review by Procurement Officer. Keep updated records on stock cards, and/or computer inventory lists)
- Handle all users requests and issue out as per the agreed issuing schedule and procedures and using the appropriate documentation.
- Maintain efficient filing system for all documents, reports and procurement records and make sure it is updated regularly.
- Maintain, record and update Movement of Assets Forms e.g. laptops, projectors, computers, cameras etc and ensure appropriate records regarding asset acquisition, assignment, tracking, donation disposal and retirement: ensure assets are located accordingly and used in the projects best interest.
- Support the Procurement and Logistics officer in ensuring that all IOM assets in Uganda are insured at all times through a reputable insurance company under the best terms and conditions. Follow up on any claims that may arise
- Maintain, record and update all Waybills issued for supplies/equipment transferred outside the IOM office and follow up on return of the waybill by the receiver.
- Provide administrative support for all procurement and logistics related issues for the mission; like assisting in preparing the paper work and tracking signatures from required signatories.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the International Organization for Migration IOM Procurement and Logistics Assistant job opportunity should hold a High School Degree/ Certificate with three years of relevant experience or Bachelor’s degree with one year of relevant experience from an accredited academic institution in Business Administration, Materials Management or Store keeping
- Three years (One year for Bachelor’s degree or higher) of relevant professional experience material management.
- Two years of experience with international organization on stores and warehousing.
- Knowledge on supply chain for an ideal organization
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated resumes with three references electronically to email@example.com. The subject of your email should be the Reference Number and Position Title i.e. “VN: 12/08/018 Procurement and Logistics.” Please ensure that send your attachments as ONE DOCUMENT in PDF. The title of your attachment should be your full name.
NB: Since the system is automated, if you do not follow the above mentioned instruction your application may be missed by the system.
Deadline: 23rd August 2018