Organisation: KCB Bank Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
KCB Bank Uganda which is part of KCB Group, East Africa’s largest commercial bank that was established in 1896. Over the years, the Bank has grown and spread its wings into Tanzania, South Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi completing the East African circuit in the year 2012. Today, the Group has the largest branch network in the region with over 238 branches, 950 ATMs and 8,000 agents offering banking services on a 24/7 basis in East Africa. KCB Bank Uganda was established in the year 2007 and has grown to become one of Uganda’s top ten commercial banks. Currently KCB Bank Uganda has 14 branches complemented with 16 ATMs spread on Kampala Road, Commercial Plaza, Ben Kiwanuka, Luwum Street, Oasis Mall Sixth Street, Arua, Elgon Masaba, Fort Portal, Gulu, Hoima, Lira, Mbarara and Jinja that offer trade financing, corporate and retail banking services to customers.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer mainly executes procurement pre & post contract award activities for the assigned category/portfolio. i.e., raising of purchase orders, follow-up and expediting deliveries, verification of invoices, issuing Requests for Quotations (RFQ), vendor performance management
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engagement of internal & external stakeholders: i.e., Branches, Departments, Suppliers, Contractors, and Consultants.
- Implement standards, controls, processes, or regulatory determined procedures for.
- Implement the Supplier Contract Calendar, Review expiries, inclusions, retirements, cancellations.
- Review Suppliers performance, data collation and analysis for Service Level Agreements, participate in review meetings.
- Maintain custody of pricing data, contract records and supplier records.
- Customer Service Management: Procurement Helpdesk call logging, tracking, Enquiry/Complaint response and resolution within set standards.
- Generate Purchases Orders from the Oracle ERP system as per approvals.
- Follow-up and expediting of deliveries with Vendors.
- Issuing of Requests for Quotations (RFQ)
- Monthly report writing.
- Receiving and posting of IPR requests
- Creation of Purchase Orders.
- Resolution of service delivery calls and Follow-up deliveries from suppliers
- Prepare and submit RFQs to suppliers.
- Opening of tenders, Evaluation, and analysis of RFQs
- Keeping records for the requests received.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree – Procurement, Business Administration /Business related field
- Professional Qualifications – Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or equivalent
- Master’s degree – MBA /Business Related
- Negotiation Skills
- Relationship Management
- Leadership Skills
- Customer service
- Risk awareness
- Problem solving
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word documents
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 9th November 2022