Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organisation: War Child Holland (WCH)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Logistics Coordinator (LC)
Salary Range: UGX Gross (2,400,000 – 3,694,690)
War Child Holland (WCH) is an independent and impartial international non-governmental organization, investing in a peaceful future for children and young people affected by armed conflict. War Child is a dynamic organization with a lot of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We strive to empower children and young people while enabling adults to bring about positive and lasting change in the lives of conflict-affected children and young people.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer is primarily responsible for the efficient and effective conducting of procurement activities within the organization. The role ensures all procurement of goods, services and works in accordance with WCH policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensure effective and efficient Procurement of goods, services and works following WCH and donor procedures.
- Ensures all procurement is initiated on time and complies with each donor requirements.
- Makes monthly reports on what has been procured, pending and forecasted.
- Make and circulate weekly updates of procurement status and share with teams.
- Responsible for bidding processes as per WCH guidelines and ensure bidders/suppliers are notified of the outcome.
- Collects, analyzes, evaluates and gives objective recommendations of quotations.
- Manage regular relationships with suppliers and contractors in a way that facilitates smooth flow of services to WCH and projects/programmes; Sources and liaises with suppliers to ensure effective and timely delivery of supplies.
- Responsible for acquiring preferred suppliers, managing them and ensuring periodic review/renewal of relationships with supplier.
- Responsible for regularly updating and maintaining Supplier Database, monitoring supplier performance;
- S/He negotiates prices with suppliers as much as possible, taking into account the delivery time, the quality as well as any discount and guarantee after servicey
- Ensure that all procurement activities are done in line with value for money approach;
- Responsible for proper documentation and archiving of procurement activities; Ensures a proper administration and filling of procurement documents
- In collaboration with other teams, ensures stock controls are in place and effectively used.
- Adhere to WCH zero-tolerance policy regarding corruption and fraud, as well as WCH Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding and Ethical Procurement Guidelines and best practices
Documentation, Reporting, and Archiving of procurement activities
- Responsible for completeness and proper referencing of procurement dossiers;
- Scans and files all procurement documents on the Procurement share folder;
- Update and circulate Procurement Tracker (PRTS) weekly
- Regular update requesters on the status of their procurement orders and provide clarifications/recommendations to enable them make informed decision, where ever required.
- Support other teams in ensuring timely repair and maintenance as well as proper usage.
- Support in asset tracking and monitoring
Management of Facilities
- In collaboration with, ensures timely repairs and maintenance (e.g. electricity, plumbing, masonry, etc.) work at WCH office building and expat houses;
- Ensures regular tracking of utilities bills and timely payment of same;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistics Management
- Three years of working experience in procurement and logistics management is required.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written word)
- Experience with iNGO and working with institutional donors is preferred.
- Good communication skills, service oriented and a pro-active attitude
- Logical thinking skills, multitasking and a practical, hands-on mentality
- Result focused and persistent to reach goals
- Good MS Excel skills is preferred.
- Basic IT knowledge is preferred.
- Planning and organization skills, efficient and conscious of time
- Ability to work with a high degree of professionalism
- Accurate, consistent and transparent
- Team player.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.