Job Title: Production and Marketing Officer (Internal)
Organisation: DanChurchAid (DCA)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
DanChurchAid (DCA) is a faith-based, non-missionary relief and development organization based in Copenhagen, Denmark and founded in 1922. DCA has supported development and humanitarian programs in Uganda for over 35 years, working in partnership with local partners. DCA is a member of the ACT Alliance. Our key competencies in Uganda are livelihoods and food security, humanitarian response, and civil society development.
Job Summary: The Production and Marketing Officer, under the direct supervision of the Nexus Project Manager, is responsible for contributing to the design and implementation of value chain development project interventions in West Nile (Yumbe) in line with the donor requirements and agreed implementation strategy, and for the planning and implementation of livelihood interventions in the refugee settlements as agreed in the project document (HPA), and ensure that the project integrates age, gender, and diversity. Coordinate value chain development activities, including leadership of Production and Marketing Assistants.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the planning, training, development, and implementation of value chain development activities in Yumbe District of; value chain analysis, annual dialogues and project feedback meetings with district stakeholders, introduction of the program to local micro businesses with focus on partnership with them.
- Collaborate/Network with various market actors including private sector actors; seed and tool vendors, off-takers, micro-finance institutions.
- Identify and resolve issues and make decisions on criteria for identification, selection, verification, and graduation of beneficiaries targeted for value chain development.
- Support all efforts towards accountability to the organization and direct programme participants, local communities, Office of the Prime Minister (OPM), the donors and other stakeholders; engage program participants as equal partners using a rights-based approach in the design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of all field activities.
- Closely follow up on day-to-day implementation of value chain development project activities and take corrective action to achieve key result indicators and goals as specified in work plan.
- Work closely with the monitoring and evaluation staff to capture the required data for measuring output and impact of the programme.
- Supervise the performance of the Production and Marketing Assistants and provide timely technical and managerial support.
- Closely follow-up the field activities of UPMB and Mukwano, HAMWE, Ensibbuku GoC and update the respective supervisor.
- Liaise with MEAL and protection teams in rolling out DCA complaint and feedback mechanisms.
- Represent DCA in value chain and production working groups and other related forums.
- Closely work with UNHCR, OPM, the DLGs and other stakeholders in promotion of selected value chains, marketing, improved nutrition and reproductive health and identification and selection of vulnerable households and People with Specific Needs (PSNs).
- Produce human interest stories, newsletters, case stories, periodic SITREPs, visibility materials.
- Participate in the development of ToRs for consultants, support procurement committees in the selection of firms.
- Participate in the design of new project proposals and concept notes and ensure mainstreaming of DCA cross-cutting commitments.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Development studies/Agricultural economics/Agriculture or related fields.
- At least four years of relevant work experience, preferably an International NGO.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write good reports.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to details, and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Computer skills and ability to work in a challenging and dynamic context.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience working in refugee settlements and host communities.
- Understanding of the West Nile context and local languages will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 4th August 2022.