Job Title: Program Assistant Solidarity Bonds (Fresher NGO Jobs)
Organisation: Ayuda en Acción
Duty Station: Adjumani, Uganda
Ayuda en Acción is an organization with an international presence that, from a global commitment, has been fighting against poverty, inequality and exclusion since its birth in 1981. Our scope of action is developed in Africa, Latin America, Asia, and from 2013 also in Spain, in those territories and populations with greater vulnerability and less access to opportunities to exercise their rights with equality and equity. A non-denominational, non-partisan organisation committed to the values that stem from respect for Human Rights and that believes in the need to generate changes that make social justice possible, by addressing the causes that generate inequality of opportunities, social exclusion and poverty. A supportive community of exchange of values and capabilities, based on dignity, equality and mutual respect, which includes more than 120,000 people, a large number of companies and diverse collaborators, whose solidarity reaches around 2,500,000 people with whom we work together to improve their lives.
Job Summary: The Program Assistant Solidarity Bond/Child Protection will work within the Impact Unit and in close coordination with the Program Officer based in the region. He/she will be responsible for program implementation and activity tracking.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of solidarity bond key performances; provide periodic updates for the solidarity bond Multi-Sponsorship Communication materials in line with AeA solidarity bond standards.
- Mobilize children, parents/ guardians, and school management to participate in solidarity bond activities including meetings, workshops, and training to enhance community understanding of the solidarity bond approach. Maintain and update archives of all administrative documentation in hard and soft copies.
- Community engagement and advocacy; mobilize and engage children, parents, and other stakeholders including schools to ensure activities at the school level are effectively implemented.
- Closely work with local council authorities, and other relevant community structures at village, parish, and Sub -County levels to ensure compliance with child wellbeing and safeguarding in all the Ayuda en Accion field activities.
- Conduct routine monitoring of all the registered children in the solidarity bond with an agreed monitoring checklist. Key aspects shall include health and education progress, and child participation in activities organized for children at school and community levels.
- Conduct training of CPC and CB committee on the core Principals of child protection.
- Child protection and wellbeing; ensure children, parents and other stakeholders are aware of child protection concerns, and child rights, track child abuse and child rights violation cases together with the support of the Police and other authorities, document child abuse incidents.
- Collect group pictures, and individual pictures from the children in the solidarity bond groups as well as pictures related to context of the Territorial Development Area of Adjumani.
- Collect letters with inputs/drawings from each group of children. (Semester 1: welcome letters, period 1 letters, and sponsorship correspondences).
- Mobilize project beneficiaries to provide writings, pictures and videos of case stories and testimonies to produce evidence of our work to donors, raise awareness and explain the context of the community.
- Organize all necessary documents as required by AeA policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties assigned deemed necessary by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Social Work and social administration, education or early Childhood Education, community development or related field.
- At least two years of experience in community work preferably with Children in an INGO setting.
- Knowledge of child protection, safeguarding and application of relevance laws children rights.
- Basic knowledge and skills in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc.)
- Ability to use Smartphones, cameras, and other gadgets for collecting children’s information on the Kobo Collect Tool kit.
- Availability and willingness to be stationed and live in a rural field area of operation.
- Team player, with the ability to be self-driven.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English (Spoken and Written).
- Fluent in Ma’adi local language (written and spoken) a MUST.
- Flexibility to work effectively with changing priorities and competing deadlines.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid driver’s license class.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Ayuda en Acción should apply online at the link below.