Job Title: Programme Assessors (Several Job Opportunities)
Organisation: National Council for Higher Education (NCHE)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) was established as the regulator of higher education to implement the Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Act of Parliament
(UOTIA, 2001). By the provisions of the Act, NCHE is mandated to guide the establishment of institutions of higher learning as well as ensure delivery of quality and relevant education to all qualified persons.
- Agriculture (Crop & Animal Production/ Forestry/ Horticulture/ Agri-business, Agro-Processing, Floriculture/Fisheries and Aquaculture/Soil Science/ Land use and Management)
- Architecture, Environmental Designs and Urban Planning
- Business and Management (Commerce, Finance, Insurance, Microfinance and Corporative, Entrepreneurship, Banking, Accounting, Taxation, Procurement and Logistics Management, Marketing, Project Planning and Management, Project Monitoring and Evaluation, Development Studies, Oil and Gas Management, Public Administration and Management, International relations and diplomatic studies, Human Resource Management, Conflict Management and Peace Studies)
- Computer Science/ Information Technology (Software Engineering/ Computer Forensics)
- Counselling Psychology
- Early Childhood Development
- Education Arts/Linguistics/Pedagogy/ Early Childhood Education
- Education Science (Biology, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Studies, and Sports Science)
- Engineering (Electrical , Mechanical, Chemical, Telecommunication ,Water, Petroleum , Textile, Mining, Ginning, Aviation , Mechatroniccs and Robotics, Mining and Civil, Sound, Geology )
- Human Nutrition and Dietetics, Baking and Pastry
- Industrial Art and Designing, Ceramics, Fabric Decoration
- Laboratory Technology/ Medical Imaging/ Diagnostic Ultra Sound/ Laboratory , Cold Chain Storage and Instrumentation, Forensics/ Physiotherapy, Anaesthesia, Clinical Psychiatry
- Library and Information Science/ Records and Information Management
- Mass Communication and Journalism / Film Making/ Radio & Television Production
- Medicine and Surgery , Clinical Medicine and Community Health, Anaesthesia
- Military Science
- Music/ Performing Arts
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Pharmacology , Industrial Chemistry
- Public Health / Environmental Management
- Religious Studies – Theology, Chaplaincy, Biblical Studies and Ministry, Sharia, Islamic studies, Quran and Haddith
- Secretarial and Studies
- Social Work and Social Administration/ Social Sciences/ Demography and Reproductive Health, Palliative Care
- Special Needs Education
- Sports Science
- Statistics / Quantitative Economics / Population and Demography/ Actuarial Science
- Tourism and Hotel Management/ Food and Nutrition/ Dietetics
- Veterinary Medicine/ Zoology/ Wildlife Health and Management/ Livestock Health Sciences
NB: Academicians from other specialised fields not listed above may also apply.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
Programme assessment level and requirements
- Programme assessors for postgraduate programmes should have qualifications higher than the proposed programmes and adequate research experience and publications.
- Programme assessors for undergraduate programmes should posses a minimum of a Master’s degree in the relevant field.
- Programme assessors for non-degree programmes shall be assessed based on academic and professional qualifications/teaching experience.
- Academics with knowledge of higher education, structures, administration and systems plus knowledge and experience in curriculum design and review will have added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants Please email your application, CV and relevant academic and professional qualifications within two weeks from the date of this advert to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Or send hard copies to;
The Executive Director,
National Council for Higher Education,
Plot M834 Kigobe Road Kyambogo, P.O. Box 76, Kyambogo,
Kampala – Uganda.
Note: Please indicate your field of specialization and the University or Universities where you are currently lecturing in the subject line for email applications and at the top left corner of the envelope for hard copies.
The applications should be submitted not later than,
Deadline: Monday 11th July 2022 at 5:00pm