Job Title: Project Coordinator- Education
Organisation: ChildFund International
Duty Station: Uganda
For over seventy years, ChildFund International has provided support to deprived, excluded and vulnerable children to have the capacity to improve their lives and opportunities to become young adults, parents and leaders who bring lasting and positive change to their communities. We promote societies whose individuals and institutions participate in valuing, protecting and advancing the worth and rights of children. Our core commitment is child-centered change that will ensure healthy and secure infants, educated and confident children, and youth who are skilled and engage meaningfully in the affairs and decision-making processes within their communities. ChildFund Uganda is working in over 30 districts to develop the capacities of local community-based organizations to be able to mobilize resources and implement programs that improve the well-being of deprived, excluded and vulnerable children.
Job Summary: Working under the direct supervision of the Education and Early Learning Specialist, and in liaison with the implementing partner, the Project Coordinator- Education, will be responsible for implementation, monitoring, and coordination of the School Based Violence Prevention Model interventions in the Eastern and Northern regions
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Planning and Implementation
- Work closely with the Education and Early learning specialist for technical support on methodologies, best practices and relevant standards related to program delivery.
- Manage implementation of the SBVP work plans, ensuring that the model is implemented with fidelity to the SBVP guidance
- Prepare budgets, cash forecasts and workplans for SBVP activities and adequately monitor project implementation to ensure efficient and effective use of funds
- Work with core partners, to plan and coordinate work activities to ensure coordinated implementation of the SBVP Program Model in the targeted communities
- Ensure that implementing partners comply with the implementation plans, education strategy, policies and regulations of ChildFund for quality program delivery.
- Ensure documentation of the SBVP implementation processes and share accordingly for learning purposes.
- Participate in internal working groups, such as the SBVP WG, and liaison with the Sr. Education Advisor in Washington, D.C.
- Lead in education project reviews at district level for adjustment, planning and building on results that have been achieved.
- Produce periodic (monthly, quarterly, and annual) progress reports on the SBVP model, including collecting data from partners monthly.
- Work with the Education and Early learning specialist, and other programme leads to ensure cross cutting themes are mainstreamed in the SBVP model.
- Participate in trainings (virtual and in-person) provided by ChildFund, including traveling overseas to trainings
- Lead the training of community and school facilitators and mentors in the SBVP activities.
- Support the strengthening of ChildFund’s partner staff capacity for the delivery of quality education projects and guide partners and ChildFund education project staff to incorporate innovative practices into new or existing programs (when appropriate)
- Support knowledge generation, learning and sharing among education partner staff and ChildFund staff.
- Work closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist to successfully monitor SBVP outcomes, outputs and support baseline/endline data collection.
- Resource Mobilization
- Contribute to the development of concept notes and proposals to secure external funding for the Education projects and programs
- Influencing and Advocacy
- Work with CSOs at district level to advocate on education policy issues.
- Identify opportunities to showcase ChildFund’s work in the education sector at Districts events.
- Share innovations and advocate for best practices generally with other staff as well as partner staff
- Support Education campaigns with ChildFund and partners
- Networking and Relationship building
- Identify, build and manage strategic linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with National Government Ministries, Department and Agencies (MDAs) representatives at the National and District levels; Local Government bodies (District Councils); INGOs and Implementing partners
- Facilitate linkages with project communities, community education and protection structures and other community groups.
- Represent ChildFund at inter-agency collaboration meetings and promote the objectives of the Education Programme at district, regional and national level.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Development studies or Social Work. A Postgraduate qualification in Education or Project Management is highly desirable.
- Minimum of four (4) years of related experience.
- Proficiency in project planning, implementation and monitoring (essential)
- Experience in working with NGOs and management of Education projects
- Strong analytical, organizational skills and conceptual skills with the ability to think and plan strategically
- Experience working at community level and in quality improvement projects in education, such as teacher training strategies, training school governing bodies and district education offices curriculum reforms, etc.
- Strong training facilitation, coordination and networking skills
- Very good report writing skills
- Knowledge and experience of working with computers (Word, Excel and Power Point programmes)
- Understanding of a right- based approach in education development programming
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Cultural sensitivity and adaptability
- Ability to ride motorbike and in possession of a valid rider’s license
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and Interested applicants should apply online at the link below