Job Title: Project Engineer
Organisation: West Nile Rural Electrification Company Limited (WENRECo)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
The West Nile Rural Electrification Company Limited (WENRECo) is an Electric Energy Generation, Distribution & Sales company in the West Nile sub-region, in Northern Uganda. WENRECo is a subsidiary of Industrial Promotion Services (IPS), the industrial development arm of the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development (AKFED). WENRECo operates a Vertically Integrated off-grid utility involved in generation, distribution, and Sale of Electricity in the West Nile districts of Uganda & was the first off-grid Solution under a Public Private Partnership to qualify for World Bank Carbon Financing.
Job Summary: The Project Engineer will scope, design, manage, supervise, and commission projects
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To scope projects and draft contracts
- Ensuring compliance of the project with the regulatory codes, practices, policies, performance standards, and specifications.
- Participate in the development of the construction standard.
- Secure materials for construction work in time
- Performing quality control tasks on budgets, schedules, plans, and personnel performance and reporting on the project’s status.
- Supervise line construction teams from project inception to commissioning
- Cooperating and communicating with the project manager and other project participants and collaborating with senior engineers to create more efficient project methods and to maintain the project’s profitability.
- Liaising with Government of Uganda, development partners and Government agencies to scope, design, construct, and commission community projects
- Developing specifications for project equipment and materials
- Attending Factory Acceptance Tests and material, equipment inspections
- Any other duties as may be delegated by the Project Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a B.Sc. Electrical Engineering or its equivalent.
- A valid driving License/Permit is a must.
- At least three years of proven engineering experience.
- Honest and innovative
- Sound Knowledge in Power distribution and transmission design & Planning systems.
- Self-motivated & Hardworking
- Good inter-personal skills
- Safety observation is always a must
- Good communicator
- Team player with ability to motivate a team
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their cover letters, updated resumes with Contacts of three professional referees and copies of all academic documents as ONE PDF FILE by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Thursday 25th August 2022.