Job Title: Project Officer
Organisation: Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWE)
Duty Station: Buyende, Uganda
Reports to: Programs Manager
Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWE) Uganda is a Pan-African organization launched in February 1997 as part of the larger FAWE network of 34 National Chapters operating in 33 countries across Africa. FAWE Uganda exists to address the gender disparities in education and ensure that the girl-child accesses school, remains in school and completes their education. FAWE Uganda has received funding from UN Women for the education of 150 Girls from Tooro Kingdom and is looking to hiring an Education Project Officer to support the implementation of this project.
Job Summary: The position holders will be part of a team responsible for the planning, budgeting and implementation of project specific activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in planning, budgeting, implementation, support supervision and reporting processes
- Ensuring that the project specific activities are effectively and efficiently implemented as per project calendar/schedule/plan
- Assist in identifying program requirements through research, feedback and interaction with beneficiaries and other key stakeholders
- Coordinate networking, advocacy and sustainability systems within the district of project implementation.
- Ensure Clear documentation of project success stories
- Resolving cross-functional issues at project level
- Monitoring project progress and performance
- Timely preparation and submission of quality monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Maintain a high level of transparency and accountability
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelors’ Degree in a relevant field such as Education, Development Studies, Social Work and Social Administration, Social Science, Adult Community Education or related field from a recognized Institution is essential.
- A post graduate diploma in Project Planning and Management is desirable
- At least three years of experience with a National or International NGO in areas of child protection, sexual reproductive health rights and education
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid riding permit is essential
- Knowledge of the local language is essential.
- Working knowledge of Project Planning and Management, Mobilization, Capacity Building skills, report writing skills
- Demonstrated ability and skills in organizing and facilitating groups
- Must be proficient in computer applications
- Excellent communication skills
- High standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty
- Computer Literacy (MS Office Applications)
- Self-driven and able to work under minimal supervision
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their applications including curriculum vitae and copies of relevant documents to;
The Human Resource and Administration Manager.
FAWE Uganda Chapter.
P.O Box 24117,
Hand deliver to their office on Plot 328 Magulu Close in Bukoto, Off Kisaasi Road
E-mail application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Tuesday 31st January 2023 at 4:00pm
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Interested and Qualified Females are encouraged to apply.