Job Title: Research Assistant (105 No Experience A’ Level Data Collection Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Teach For Uganda (TFU)
Duty Station: Kampala (15 Jobs), Kayunga (15 Jobs), Luweero (15 Jobs), Namutumba (15 Jobs), Mayuge (15 Jobs), Namayingo (15 Jobs) and Bugiri (15 Jobs), Uganda
Reports to: MEAL Team.
Ref No: TFU/2022-006
Teach For Uganda (TFU) is a locally-rooted and globally-informed leadership development organization that leverages the power and knowledge of promising future leaders to ensure that one day, all children in Uganda will attain an equitable quality education, enabling them to thrive in constantly changing economies. We nurture leaders who are committed to advancing equitable access to quality education in low-income communities through our flagship 2-year fellowship program that attracts graduates from varied academic backgrounds to serve as full-time teachers in underserved primary schools to improve foundational literacy and numeracy skills for kids while developing their leadership skills. Post fellowship our alumni become lifelong advocates of quality education as community leaders, social entrepreneurs, and policy influencers collectively addressing the systemic challenges that hinder children from fulfilling their potential. We currently operate in 4 districts i.e., Luweero, Mayuge, Namutumba and Kayunga with 83 partner schools, 198 fellows and 32 Alumni.
Job Summary: The Research Assistants will work on a part-time basis on different projects. The Research Assistants will be expected to conduct some MEAL-related tasks as required across all the programs in the selected districts such as data collection, entry, analysis as needed, and report writing after completion of the activity. Additionally, the RA will ensure the quality of the data being collected and the safety of the assets like phones, support in translation and transcription of research content in the local language as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the Research Assistant Part time job vacancy must hold a minimum of a senior six (S.6) and a maximum of a degree from a recognized institution/ or have proven strong research experience
- Strong skills in data collection and use of statistical analysis packages like SPSS, Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability, resourcefulness, and initiative to identify and gather relevant data.
- Ability to work with Children, teachers, fellows, coaches, local government officials, and development partners to achieve the goals.
- Ability to use MEAL-related technology like Kobo/ODK etc.
- Previous experience in any community surveys in education will be an added advantage
- Must be willing to work extra hours and travel long distances in rural settings.
- Ability to speak English, and any of the languages used across the selected districts.
TFU Competencies (for all TFU Staff):
- Putting Children First at the center of everything you do.
- Possess a Sense of Responsibility and invest above and beyond what’s expected of you
- Have the quest to Continuously Learn
- Exercise Humility and Respect for all
- Are able to exercise Teamwork
- Pursuit of Excellence
How to Apply:
Please email a one-page cover letter, current resume with 3 professional referees to email@example.com. Please indicate the position applied for in the subject line of your email.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information about Teach For Uganda, visit us at www.teachforuganda.org Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 16th December, 2022