Salads are any of the various cold dishes including usually raw greens, vegetables, fruits and toppings.
Importance Of Salads On Daily Diet
- May support hormonal balancing especially in women.
- Broccoli with fiber thus helps You Eat Less While Feeling Fuller. It destroys inflammation thus a cancer fighting hero, it is also a good source of vitamin C which boosts immunity which helps in a quicker recovery. It also helps in detoxifying the body.
- Cabbage, especially red cabbage, seems to raise levels of beta-carotene, lutein, and other heart-protective antioxidants. It also helps lower something called “oxidized” LDL, which is linked to hardening of the arteries. And since it eases inflammation, it can help prevent heart disease. Cabbage also helps in easing ulcers.
- Chlorophyll in green vegetables used in making salads can do many things, like boost red blood cells (iron deficiency boosting), help with weight loss, heal damaged skin, neutralize toxins, cut inflammation and prevent cancer.
- Raw garlic retains higher amounts of allicin, a beneficial sulfur-containing compound. Garlic has been shown to improve immunity, stabilize blood sugar levels, and support heart and brain health.
- Consuming Irish potato helps in proper brain functioning, due to its high vitamin B6 content. Irish potatoes, if not fried, are reasonably low in calories makes an ideal food for obese to aid in weight reduction
- Raw carrots are rich in beta-carotene, a compound your body changes into vitamin A, which helps keep your eyes healthy.
- Getting more tomatoes into your diet may make you less likely to have a stroke, which is when blood flow gets cut off to a part of your brain. Studies suggest that they may ease inflammation, boost your immune system, lower your cholesterol levels, and keep your blood from clotting.
- Passion fruit is full of this antioxidant. Your body uses it to make blood vessels, cartilage, muscles, and collagen, which keeps skin looking young. It also helps your body heal, lowers inflammation, and protects your cells from damage.
- Avocados are high in fat with 60 per cent of this being monounsaturated fats, which research suggests helps to protect against heart disease and lower blood pressure. They are also an excellent source of potassium, folate and fiber, all of which benefit the heart and cardiovascular system.
- Raw onions contain antioxidants and compounds that fight inflammation, decrease triglycerides, and reduce cholesterol levels — all of which may lower heart disease risk. Their potent anti-inflammatory properties may also help reduce high blood pressure and protect against blood clots.
What May Be Included In Salads
This depends on general body reactions towards specific vegetable salads, for example people with ulcers may not include things that trigger their ulcers. However the following could be included in making a balanced salad dish.
Boiled Eggs-better with yellow york.
Onion and garlic
Bacon (NON MOSLEMS)
The choice of vegetables and fruits is relative to the person preparing the salads and to whom they are being prepared for.
The procedure is to wash or clean the vegetables with boiled lukewarm water and cut or chop them in pieces depending on what is to be included then the salad dressing can be with mayonnaise, yoghurt or honey etc dependently.