Job Title: Sales Officer West Nile
Organisation: Healthy Entrepreneurs Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda, Industrial Area/Bugolobi, Uganda
Healthy Entrepreneurs (HE) is a social enterprise based in Uganda (and several other countries). HE aims to improve the access to basic health care for people living in rural and remote communities (84% of the population). HE recruits and trains VHTs or Community Health Workers who have entrepreneurials spirits and skills. They pay a commitment fee and are provided with the tools and products to become Community Health Entrepreneurs (CHEs), serving their communities by selling reliable and affordable health products and services, educating communities and providing access to a doctor-at-distance. Community Health Entrepreneurs serve their communities with basic health care while earning an income. HE trains them on health topics and business skills, and provides them with a starter kit on credit to start their micro-business in basic health products and services (including a doctor-at-distance). The money they make they can reinvest by buying new products to sell and repaying their loan. HE is implementing its franchise model via more than 9000 Community Health Entrepreneurs (our customers) in 40+ districts of Uganda today, growing quickly. We are growing towards a network of 20.000 customers, serving 95% of rural Uganda by 2024.
If you would like to make a difference in the lives of many, Healthy Entrepreneurs Uganda offers you a unique professional opportunity.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Our sales department is the biggest department in the office. After the CHEs have been recruited and trained the are served by the sales department. Our area managers, sales officers and assistants know all our CHEs. They call them for orders and to support them in growing their businesses. They visit regularly to hear from them, deliver the ordered products and to give more training on new products or necessary skills.
ALSO READ: Executive Assistant Job – SOS Children’s Villages
Our sales department is divided into area team, servicing one specific region in Uganda, for instance, Central, South-West, Teso etc.
We are offering a unique opportunity in which trainees are selected and recruited based on their CV, personality and skills shown during an interview and assessment centre. When recruited a trainee is assigned an area team, based on language skills. During the traineeship, which takes 3-6 months, based on performance, trainees are fully engaged in their area teams and are offered a learning journey through the HE Academy, expanding their professional skills and growing in terms of personal leadership. Our HE Academy contains modules on professional conduct, effective communication, high performing teams, planning & organization skills and personal leadership, to name a few. We are also looking for more experienced sales assistants and officers, speaking various languages.
- Boosting sales (according to targets, in terms of # orders, revenue, retention and loan repayment)
- Build relationships based on trust with CHEs (primarily by way of phone)
- Maintain smooth sales operation, document and report diligentlly
- Cooperate well with warehouse and finance departments for smooth handling of orders and deliveries
- Reliable and constant ordering and loan repayment by CHEs
- Report to Senior Sales Officer
- Participate in area team meetings
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Certificate, Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales & marketing, Social Work, Development Studies, Education or Training, or alternatively a Diploma in Pharmacy / Nursing/Clinical medicine.
- Fluency in Lugbara/Ma’di/Kakwa/Alur
- Fluency in Luganda is preferred
- Fluency in English both written and verbal is a must.
- Know how to use computer software (ERPs/Odoo, Excel reporting, MS Office/word, Outlook Calendar)
- Sales Officers need at least 2-3 years (not counting internships) of relevant work experience.
Who do we select
- People who are really keen, show dedication and energy
- People who understand the concept of a social enterprise. We are not an NGO, we are a business aiming to create immense social impact and system change.
- Those who show us that they are passionate about our purpose and goals and willing to put in the effort, like all of us.
- Those who are genuine team players and good communicators.
- Those who show initiative, are proactive, enthousiastic and innovative
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Organizational and planning skills to manage your time and activities well.
- Interest in continuous learning and development to improve individual knowledge and skills. A growth mindset is a must.
- Those who have really paid attention while reading this and make mention of that in their motivation.
How to Apply:
If this is you, send us your updated CV plus a personal and convincing motivation (letter or any other creative means).
Date: Please send in your questions or motivation for working for Healthy Entrepreneurs plus your resume stating languages spoken fluently to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 26th November 2022