Job Title: Secretariat Coordinator
Organisation: Ministry of Education and Sports
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Permanent Secretary/ Technical Head of Programme
Job Reference: HCDP-SC001
The Ministry of Education and Sports (MES), is a cabinet-level ministry of Uganda. It is mandated “to provide technical support, guide, coordinate, regulate and promote quality education, training and sports to all persons in Uganda for national integration, development and individual advancement”, according to the website of the ministry.
Job Summary: The Secretariat Coordinator will manage, coordinate and provide strategic leadership for the Human Capital Development Programme.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities and duties of the Secretariat Coordinator are:
- Conduct planning and coordination of meetings for the Programme, including but not limited to the meetings of the Leadership Committee and the Programme Working Group.
- Responsible for the overall management of the Programme Secretariat.
- Participating and providing sound technical advice to the various sub-programmes activities
- Monitoring and supervising activities of the Secretariat.
- Tracking the achievement of results in line with the National Development Plan
- Documenting and sharing progress and evaluation reports with Stakeholders.
- Organize and oversee the Annual Programme Review and documentation of activity reports
- Mobilizing resources for the Programme.
- Ensuring proper utilization of the resources provided by the Ministry and Partners.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must a Master’s Degree in either Project Planning and Management or Business Administration, or Economics or Education or Health, or Gender Studies, or Development Studies or management from a recognized Institution/ University.
- An Honours Degree in either Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Social Sciences or any humanity from a recognised University
- Professional qualification in Project Planning and Management
- At least nine (9) years of working experience in a reputable organization five of which should have been in a senior position in Project ManagemenU Leadership.
- Demonstrable competence in the fields of financial planning and management, procurement management, monitoring and evaluation
How to Apply:
Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position as specified in the job description above. All applicants should attach photocopies of their certificates and testimonials, curricula vitae, referee letters, plus recent passport-size photographs.
Applications, quoting the job reference, should be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Education and Sports,
Floor 4 Room 4.10, Embassy House,
King George VI Way,
P.O. Box 7063, Kampala, UGANDA
Hard copies should be hand delivered to Security Registry (Floor 4, Room 1), Embassy House
Electronic submissions are acceptable, but shall be in addition to the hard copies, and should be emailed to email@example.com. All applicants should quote the job reference, and ensure that the submission package is as concise as possible, not exceeding 5MB.
NB: Eligible female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted for the interview and final selection process.
Deadline: 11th November 2022 at 5:00 pm