Job Title: Senior Legal Officer
Organisation: Kiira Motors Corporation (KMC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Principal Legal Officer
Kiira Motors Corporation or KMC is a State Enterprise in Uganda established to champion the Development of the Domestic Automotive Value Chain for job and wealth creation.
Job Summary: The Senior Legal Officer of Kiira Motors Corporation is responsible for providing legal advice and opinions and drafting legal documents. The Senior Legal Officer shall also assist in preparing the work plans and budgets of the Legal Division.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent Kiira Motors Corporation’s legal interests and provide assurance of strong corporate governance and general legal housekeeping before investors, partners and co-partners, regulatory agencies, legislative bodies, auditors, and trade groups;
- Provide prompt commercial, practical legal advice to Kiira Motors Corporation’s various business lines to facilitate, improve and strengthen operational decision-making through integration of legal analysis as part of overall business development process;
- Responsible for contracts and commercial agreements, finance, governance, real estate, intellectual property, employment and litigation/adversarial proceedings and Directs Outsourced counsel as needed;
- Provide Employees with effective advice on company strategies and their implementation, manages the legal function, and obtains and coordinates the work of any outsourced legal counsel;
- Ensures Kiira Motors Corporation Compliance with regulatory and compliance protocols, current and anticipated, and at all levels;
- Identify current and upcoming legal, regulatory and related compliance risk and determine how Kiira Motors Corporation can offer its products and services in various jurisdictions while operating in compliance with local laws and regulations;
- Support Business Development on commercial negotiations;
- Support Human Resources and Finance on Human Resources matters (e.g., employee agreements, consulting agreements, employee benefits, stock options, and other employment issues);
- Draft contracts, policies, compensation plans, and the Kiira Motors Corporation Human Resources Handbook as needed
- Provide legal advice on issues affecting existing and future business where risks and mitigation strategies are clearly identified;
- Collect, organize, and present market intelligence on the legal issues affecting the Company’s core business.
- Represent the Kiira Motors Corporation in dealings with other companies, banks and shareholders;
- Prepare Monthly Work Plans and Performance Reports necessary for executing the above duties and responsibilities; and
- Any other duties assigned by the Principal Legal Officer
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Kiira Motors Corporation Senior Legal Officer job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s Degree (Honors) in Law from a Recognized Institution;
- An Advocate of the High Court of Uganda;
- Valid Certificate of Legal Practice;
- Master’s Degree in Law, Business Administration (MBA) or in a Related Field from a Recognized Institution is an Added Advantage
- General Working Experience of at Least (5) Years; Should have Served as Legal Officer for at least Three (3) Years in a Reputable Organization preferably in the Automotive/Manufacturing Industry.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Kiira Motors in the aforementioned capacity should send their applications via Email to email@example.com
Please clearly indicate the Position you are applying for in the Subject of your email.
Your application should include the following documents Only in PDF Format:
- A duly signed application Letter (Cover Letter) addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Kiira Motors Corporation.
- A duly signed CV (Download Here and fill all the fields as guided).
- Certified copies of Academic Documents (Certificates and Transcripts). Only copies certified by the awarding institution will be accepted. Qualifications obtained outside Uganda should be notarized.
- Please note that we are not accepting hand-delivered applications. Applicants employed by our strategic partners are required to provide evidence that they have been cleared by the responsible authority to apply for any of the available jobs.
- We do appreciate your interest in working with us, however, only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews through e-mail and Telephone calls within five (5) working days after close of Applications.
Deadline: 19th August 2022