Job Title: Service Provider (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU)
Duty Station: Kapchorwa, Uganda
Reports to: Service Provider In-charge
Reproductive Health Uganda (RHU) is a Member Association of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), and its core mandate is to champion, provide and enable universal access to rights based Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) information and services to vulnerable and underserved communities and to young people. The role of the engagement with RHU and its partners is to ensure that SRHR are respected, protected and fulfilled as a goal in itself, and as a fundamental means to gender equality, human well-being and sustainable development.
Job Summary: Provide Integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights (SRHR) services to all clients according to Ministry of Health (MOH) and RHU guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inform, educate, and communicate with clients, to motivate and enable them make informed SRHR choices, especially in the area of integrated family planning
- Provide quality integrated SRHR services to clients at all delivery points as per RHU’s SRHR service package
- Refer clients where necessary, to defined referral point(s)
- Collect and maintain complete and accurate records of clients according to RHU/MOH guidelines
- Analyze and utilize data to improve service delivery at health service delivery points
- Perform any other professional duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health; Nursing or Midwifery from a recognised institution with a valid Practicing License and registration certificate.
- At least two years’ experience in providing integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health services.
- Individuals with previous NGO experience and experience, while offering integrated reproductive health services will have an added advantage
- Thorough knowledge and skill in providing integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights services that include.
- Demonstrated willingness and capacity to address youth sexuality and reproductive issues
- Ability to produce and submit quality reports within set deadlines, and to generate and maintain accurate records;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, and with minimum supervision.
- Skill in training and mentorship
- The candidate must adhere to the safeguarding reporting and monitoring requirements of this role
- The candidate must be pro-choice
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join Reproductive Health Uganda should submit by post or hand-deliver or email their application letters and attach certified copies of academic transcripts, a detailed Curriculum Vitae and other relevant documents as well the contact addresses (e-mail) of 3 referees including their telephone contacts to:
The Executive Director,
Reproductive Health Uganda,
P.O. Box 10746 Kampala
Or hand-deliver at: RHU Head Office, Plot 2, Katego Road, Kamwokya (Opposite Uganda Museum)
Deadline: 27th January, 2023
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Female applicants are encouraged to apply