Job Title: Social Media Manager (Brand Lead)
Organisation: The Simba Group
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
What started out as Patrick and Carol working late into the night in their first shop in Uganda turned into the largest airtime distributor, mobile phone retailer, and mobile money distributor in East Africa. While Simba Telecom achieved continuous success in Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania, Patrick chose to continue to follow the entrepreneurial philosophy he had developed at a young age: find a real customer need, take a calculated risk, and deliver the best possible quality of goods and service possible. This entrepreneurial spirit coupled with the understanding that the Group needed to find “new waves” to ride, led Simba Group to make key strategic investments in a number of areas, including property development, power generation, agriculture, micro- finance and media.
Job Summary: The Social Media Manager will lead projects across a range of social media channels, producing engaging content, analyzing usage data, building client relationships and facilitating online customer service.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Brand lead of various brands within Simba Group
- Community manager of various online communities such as Facebook and Instagram
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with brand goals
- Set specific objectives and report on ROI
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Monitor SEO, Facebook Pixel and web traffic metrics
- Collaborate with other teams, like sales and customer service to ensure brand consistency
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout)
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Weekly meetings with the marketing team and respective brand.
- Daily correspondence in the marketing team
- Ensure the existence and ongoing adherence to the policies, procedures, methodologies and standards within the Digital Marketing function
- Advise management on issues pertaining to risk management, internal controls and corporate governance processes.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a BSc degree in Marketing, Business or relevant field.
- Professional certification in Google Analytics strongly preferred will be an added advantage.
- Three to five years of social media management experience
- Proven work experience as a Social media manager or digital marketing manager.
- Hands on experience in content management.
- Strong understanding of marketing strategy and how to effortlessly utilize these concepts throughout various forms of outreach.
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video) using digital editing software such as Adobe Suite (Photoshop & Premiere), Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Canva
- Basic knowledge of SEO, keyword research and social media Analytics such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram
How to Apply:
If you are interested in joining a World Class Hotel with great ambitions, submit your application letter and CV (5 pages Max) only on email@example.com
Document size limit: 5MBs
Deadline: 12th May 2023 by 5:00pm