Job Title: Software Developer
Organisation: SurePay Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
SurePay Limited is a fully registered company offering digital and financial services to small and medium size enterprises (SMEs). Thousands of such businesses struggle to find and adopt appropriate technology and financial solutions to run in a healthy way. The result is un healthy individuals. SurePay Limited is committed to delivering real value to the end user by providing payments and funding solutions to SMEs.
Job Summary: The Software Developer is a professional who is charged with designing and coding software for businesses and consumers alike. They work closely with Surepay technical and business team to determine what they need, then use programming languages. They must have critical thinking skills, as well as strong problem-solving abilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Testing and deploying programs and systems.
- Fixing and improving existing software.
- Daily, weekly and monthly reports on progress of assigned duties.
- Work with developers to design algorithms and flowcharts.
- Write and produce clean, efficient code based on specifications.
- Integrate software components and third-party programs.
- Verify and deploy programs and systems.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software.
- Gather and evaluate user feedback.
- Recommend and execute improvements.
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment.
- Knowledge of coding languages, databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks below;
- Entity Framework
- Entity Framework Core
- Microsoft Sql Server
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate).
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude.
- Attention to detail and team work
How to Apply:
Please send CV and Cover application letter to email@example.com
NB: Only selected candidates will be contacted.