Job Title: Temporary Receptionist (Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a global health nonprofit that makes foundational changes to health systems to protect people from diseases and improve their health. MSH collaborates with local partners, from the Ministry to the community, to strengthen and complement existing health systems. Since 1971, MSH has worked in more than 150 countries to help ensure sustainable, resilient, and equitable access to quality health care around the globe.
Job Summary: The Receptionist provides Front Desk and general administrative support and works closely with the Operations Officer to ensure a smooth flow of Office Operations. S/he ensures timely information flow from external and internal clients to respective recipients both over the telephone system and physically appearing to clients mindful of the image of MSH. S/he will support assigned HR tasks. The length of this position is 6 months.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Administrative Support (90%)
- Managing the front desk, attending to MSH internal and external clients, providing required information, channeling clients to the required services/ relevant teams.
- Attends to incoming and outgoing telephone calls and directing them to the respective destinations.
- Receive, verifying and route invoices to accounts for payment from vendors.
- Replenishing and ensuring that staff have operational supplies/stationery required for their daily office work (ensuring sufficient printing paper at copier/printer points, notebooks, and tooled desk organizers as required by staff)
- Support meeting schedules, ensure timely setup, working with the IT staff for required equipment and with cafeteria for required refreshments (tea, meals, supplies etc)
- Replenishing and ensuring that staff have materials/stationery required for their daily activities (notebooks, and tooled desk organizers).
- Ensuring that the centralized printers and photocopiers always have paper supplies /consumables and reporting malfunctioning cases to IT/ supervisor
- Receiving and recording all incoming correspondences and channeling them to the respective offices or individuals
- Overall responsible for office opening/closing and ensuring that the office building is secured at the end of day, or s/he informs/assigns another staff with required credentials where s/he is not available.
- Ensure garbage is collected from office premises whenever due and that the premises are maintained clean and organized, working through the cleaner’s supervisor.
Other duties (10%))
- Support the Administrative Officer with the availability of materials, including stationery, printed materials, branded materials, name tags, all arranged and packaged in an appropriate manner, for training activities.
- Perform other duties assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Degree in Office Management, Business Administration, or related discipline
- At least one year of experience working in a busy environment with front desk, stores management, workshops/training procurement support.
- Computer literacy and proficiency with word processing applications especially Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent communication skills. Good command of English language and ability to work in multi-cultural settings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to build good working relationships. Ability to share knowledge and experience
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn and widen his/her skills
- A pleasant personality with initiative, good interpersonal / communication skills
- Willing to perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Management Sciences for Health (MSH) in this capacity should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 17th October 2022