Bayimba International Festival of the Arts is organizing a training for Ugandan arts journalists. The training will run from 16th to 22nd of September 2013.
The training will be led by Ole Tangen Jr, an American journalist and part-time lecturer of journalism at Makerere University.
Simon Musasizi, a journalist with The Observer newspaper will also focus on how to write for Arts and Culture.
The training will equip Ugandan arts journalists with further basic theoretical knowledge and research skills, techniques and arts journalism.
Bayimba is thus inviting applications from arts journalists. Selected successful participants are expected to come with their own laptops and cameras. Participants will be provided with food, drinks and transport allowance.
Interested participants are required to submit the following information before June 30th 2013 to [email protected]:
- A completed entry form (attached)
- A profile/short biography (max. 800 words) with recent picture(s) that will be used for publicity
- A motivation for your participation in the training (max. 500 words)
- A sample of a publication/production about the arts
- A support letter from the current media house if applicable.