The University of Newcastle is offering a number of postgraduate research scholarships to support international research candidates. One of these is the University of Newcastle International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (UNIPRS) which is towards Master’s degree by Research or PhD degree.
Field(s) of study: Eligible Masters by Research or PhD programme offered at University of Newcastle.
Target group: International students from any country except New Zealand
Scholarship value/inclusions: The scholarship covers tuition fees and comes with a University living allowance scholarship (including Overseas Student Health Cover) funded either in full by the supervisor’s research grant, School or Faculty (UNRSE); or part-funded centrally and part-funded by the supervisor’s research grant, School or Faculty. The scholarships are limited in number and are dependent on the annual research scholarship budget allocated.
Eligibility: How to increase your chances of receiving a research scholarship:
• Apply by the closing date of 31 August each year
• Meet the University’s English proficiency requirement by the closing date (Please refer to English Proficiency Info over page)
• A Grade Point Average (GPA)of at least 5.25 out of 7 in the last two calendar years of undergraduate degree
• Honours class one or equivalent
• Research work experience
• Research studies – points are given for a coursework masters with 20% thesis component or for a research masters
• Research publications – points are given for refereed research journal articles, book chapters, research related conference publications, research related exhibitions and patents.
Application instructions: New international applicants can apply for a scholarship at the same time as applying for admission. Deadline for scholarship applications is 31 August each year.
It is important to read the Scholarship Information Sheet and visit the official website for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.