Applicants are invited to apply for UP Postgraduate Doctoral and Master Bursary funded by the University of Pretoria. These bursaries are available for both African and International students who register for Masters or Doctoral degree programmes at the University of Pretoria are automatically considered for this bursary but no guarantee that an award will be granted.
The aim of the bursaries is to give financial support to talented students.
The University of Pretoria is a multi-campus public research university in Pretoria, the administrative and de facto capital of South Africa.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2018, and April 30, 2018
Course Level: These bursaries are available to pursue postgraduate programme.
Study Subject: These bursaries are awarded in the following fields:
- Engineering, Built Environment and IT
- Health Science
- Veterinary Science
- Economic and Management Science
- Natural and Agricultural Sciences
Scholarship Award: These bursaries will cover the followings:
- Doctoral: R16 000
- Research Masters: R15 000
- Masters by coursework: R10 000
Nationality: African and International
Number of Scholarships: Not given
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Applicants of all nationalities can apply for these bursaries.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following criteria:
- Students who register for Honours, Masters or Doctoral degree programmes at the University of Pretoria (hereinafter “UP”) may be considered for award of these bursaries.
- Students who are admitted or registered by 28 February of the academic year will be taken into consideration in the first round of the nomination process for the Master or Doctoral bursary.
- Students who are admitted or registered by 31 March of the academic year will be taken into consideration in the second round of the nomination process for the Master or Doctoral bursary, pending the availability of budget.
- For students who are nominated by the Faculty through the above mentioned first round and second round processes, eligibility will be verified before the award is finalized.
- Students registering for special study programmes including diplomas, certificates and non-degree purpose studies, are not eligible for these bursaries.
- Students enrolling for an undergraduate bachelor’s degree (irrespective of the study period) do NOT qualify for an honours bursary in their final bachelor year.
- Students who already hold a postgraduate degree at the same level or higher level will not be awarded these bursaries.
- Doctoral students holding a UP Doctoral Research Support Bursary will not qualify for a UP Postgraduate Bursary.
- Students other than those qualifying for the Honours Merit award who qualify for UP Personnel Waivers will not qualify for a UP Postgraduate Bursary.
- Students who are provisionally awarded the bursary and who do not have outstanding debt on their UP student account will have their financial registration block lifted in order to register for the new academic year without having to pay the initial registration fee.
- Bursary funds for eligible, provisionally awarded students will be disbursed to a student’s account upon submission of the completed agreement form to the Postgraduate Scholarship office during the first semester. Agreement forms will be forwarded to provisionally awarded students.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction of the host university.
- Students who register for Masters or Doctoral degree programmes at the University of Pretoria are automatically considered for this bursary.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through the online processor.