Vacancy title: Update/Enrolment Officials
Type: FULL TIME .
Category: Customer Service
Jobs at: Electoral Commission
Deadline of this Job: 11th October 2019
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Job Title: UPDATE/ENROLMENT OFFICIALS
Organization: The Electoral Commission
Reports to: Returning Officer/District Registrar
The Electoral Commission is mandated under the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda, 1995 (as amended), to organize, conduct and supervise on a regular basis free, fair and transparent elections and referenda. The Electoral Commission is currently implementing the 2021 General Elections roadmap. As per the law, the Electoral Commission is enjoined to conduct an update of the National Voters Register before any general election. In view of the above, the Electoral Commission will conduct the update of the National Voters Register, NVR, throughout the country from Thursday, November 21, 2019 to Wednesday, December 11, 2019 during which persons who are qualified to register as voters will be registered.
In addition to this, voters who may wish to change their polling stations will have the opportunity to transfer.
Therefore, for purposes of conducting the Update of the NVR Exercise, the Electoral Commission will recruit Update Officials who will issue registration forms and guide applicants through the update and transfer processes. Update Officials will, among others, carry out the following duties.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Enroll or enter data accurately regarding the details of the applicant
• Confirm accuracy of information captured by re-checking the data in the system for a final review;
• Ensure that biometric data of an applicant are captured and are of good quality
• Save all records in time
• Deliver registration data and materials to sub county headquarters;
• Ensure that update kits are safe custody of equipment and materials and the batteries for the enrolment kit are kept charged at all times;
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The Update Officers should hold a minimum of Advanced Level (A’ Level) Certificate with at least one principle pass, possess good computer proficiency i.e. knowledge of desktop applications with good typing skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office is a MUST.
• Experience with registration of citizens or any other similar registrations requiring data capture in the field shall be of an added advantage.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job application procedure
All successful applicants shall be expected to exhibit high degree of discipline and excellent people skills capable of reflecting a good image of the Electoral Commission. Successful applicants should be ready to take on the assignment by Friday November 8, 2019. An application form for purposes of this advertisement can be accessed from the Electoral Commission’s website; https://www.ec.or.ug. The completed application form accompanied by a photocopy of the applicant’s National ID should be delivered to the Returning Officer/ District Registrar of the Electoral Commission at each respective district office no later than Friday, October 11, 2019. Remember to provide a phone number registered in the name of the applicant. Female applicants are particularly encouraged to apply.