The studentships are another resource to help the students afford the degree. Because of this reason, the Vienna Center for Logic and Algorithms of TU Wien is implementing the VCLA International Student Awards for deserving students.
The program is open for talented overseas applicants who want to pursue the undergraduate and master thesis at the Vienna Center for Logic and Algorithm in Austria.
The Vienna Center for Logic and Algorithms is an initiative of Technische Universität Wien – TU Wien. The Center is promoting international scientific collaboration in logic and algorithms to raise awareness on the impact of the research.
Why at the Vienna Center for Logic and Algorithms of TU Wien? VCLA is providing a formal basis for study and development of applications and systems in Artificial Intelligence, verification, databases, distributed and cyber-physical systems.
Application Deadline: March 25, 2020
- University or Organization: Vienna Center for Logic and Algorithms of TU Wien
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate and master thesis
- Award: Up to 1200 EUR
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Austria
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate and masters thesis in Computational Logic, Algorithms and Computational Complexity, Databases and Artificial Intelligence, Verification, Formal Methods for Security and Privacy.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- The degree must have been awarded between November 15, 2018, and December 31, 2019.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For applying, applicants have to enrol in the bachelors and masters thesis program by downloading the application form and submit it to TU Wien
- Studien- und Prüfungsabteilung Karlsplatz 13A-1040 Wien. After taking confirmation, you can complete the award application form.
- Supporting Documents: Provide your cover page, CV, English summary of the thesis of a maximum of three pages and endorsement letter.
- Admission Requirements: Students must have previous Austrian or overseas equivalent degree in any subject-related field.
- Language Requirement: Candidates must have at least be level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
The award will be distributed in the following manner:
- Master Thesis Award: 1200 EUR
- Undergraduate Thesis Award: 800 EUR