Uganda Technology And Management University (UTAMU) is offering Undergraduate half tuition bursaries for the January 2018 Intake.
The bursaries are only for a few selected academic programmes aimed at equipping students with the 21st century entrepreneurship skills relevant for job creation.
“In response to the growing youth unemployment in Uganda today and, the growing threat of cyber security locally and internationally, we decided to offer bursaries in selected programmes to equip students with knowledge and skills to tackle these problems in the country,” says Prof. Jude Lubega, Deputy Vice Chancellor UTAMU.
These academic programmes include;
- Diploma in Computing
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Security and Forensics,
- Bachelor of Science in Mobile Computing and Communications
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance
- Bachelor of Project Planning and Management
Terms and Conditions
– Qualified candidates must apply and meet the minimum entry requirements for Diploma and Degree programmes as per the UTAMU admission guidelines available on the website (www.utamu.ac.ug)
– Candidates will be selected on merit basis
– The bursary will cover 50% of the tuition fees per the specified period of time in the curriculum
– The maximum slots available for each of the programmes above are 50 slots.
– Study time for these programmes is strictly day (8am-4pm) and Online (distance learning) .The Closing date is Monday, 30th December 2017
For details about the bursaries, go to: LINK
Tuition and Bursary structure
|Programme||No. Years||Tuition Per Year (UGX)||Bursary Tuition per year (UGX)||Study Time|
|Diploma in Computing||2||1,400,000||700,000||Day|
|Diploma in Business Administration||2||1,200,000||600,000||Day or Online|
|BSc. in Computer Security and Forensics||3||2,400,000||1,200,000||Day|
|BSc. in Mobile Computing and Communications||3||2,400,000||1,200,000||Day|
|BSc. in Accounting and Finance||3||2,300,000||1,150,000||Day or Online|
|Bachelor of Project Planning and Management||3||2,200,000||1,100,000||Day or Online|