The University of Witwatersrand is offering up to 14 Fully-funded scholarships for postgraduate students to study in Johannesburg. These scholarships are available for South African Citizen or citizens of other African countries.
This scholarship covers the duration of one academic year. Successful candidates will be expected to sign a contract stipulating the conditions of the scholarship.
The University of Witwatersrand is known for its excellent research, high academic standards and commitment to social justice.
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue a postgraduate degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded for following degrees:
Masters in Development Planning
Masters in Urban Studies in the fields of
– Housing and Human Settlements
– Sustainable Energy Efficient Cities
– Urban Politics and Governance
– Urban Management
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship includes:
Full tuition fee
Monthly stipend (living expenses including subsistence expenses, accommodation, other costs)
Travel from home country/ place of origin is covered.
Costs for Summer/Spring School in Berlin
- Nationality: This scholarship is available to South Africans and citizens of other African countries.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 14 scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Africa
Scholarships are open to :
- South African citizens
- Citizens from other countries in sub-Saharan Africa
- Applicants must possess the requisite qualifications to be granted the scholarship. There is no age limit applying to the scholarships for study purposes. However, at the time of the application, no more than 6 years should have passed since an applicant graduated from his/her previous bachelor or master studies. All scholarship applicants must have applied for admission to the relevant degree (as per above list) at Wits University and be in possession of a ‘person number’ which is issued by Wits University upon application for admission into a degree.
English Language Requirements: Students from non-English speaking countries must provide proof of English proficiency
How to Apply: Once an application for admission into the degree has been submitted, the candidate can proceed to complete the bursary application form which is either attached or can be downloaded. The ‘person number’ that is issued once you apply for admission to a masters degree at Wits University must be included in this form. Forms without the ‘person number’ will not be considered. Applications not using this form, or not adhering to its instructions will not be considered. Only scholarship applications of those whose applications for admission into the degree was successful will be considered.