Vacancy title: 2 Lab Technologists
Type: FULL TIME.
Jobs at: Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Deadline of this Job: 16th October 2019
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
LAB TECHNOLOGISTS (2 positions)
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) seeks to hire 2 suitable candidates
for the position of LAB TECHNOLOGIST for a new project called the TB Screening
Improves Preventive Therapy Uptake (TB SCRIPT) Trial. This is a Kampala
based position. .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Enroll eligible patients according to protocol
• Record and process sputum and urine specimens collected from study participants according to protocol
• Perform an on-going monitoring of smear microscopy results and sputum culture results, pick and deliver the same to the Study Nurse
• Communicate closely with locally and internationally based investigators by email
and during bi-weekly conference calls
• Maintain an accurate inventory of lab supplies and order supplies to ensure
necessary materials are available at all times
• Pack specimens approximately for transportation/shipment to other testing locations at Mulago hospital, the College of Health Sciences and abroad.
• Enter data into the web-based research electronic data capture (REDCap) platform and perform data cleaning as required.
• Maintain quality control and assurance for the study tests
Required qualifications and other desirables for the job:
• Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Laboratory Science/Biomedical Lab Technology.
• Prior experience working as a Lab Tech on trials and/or longitudinal studies
• Good working knowledge of TB and HIV care and treatment
• Fluency in Luganda.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Demonstrate experience with management of study data.
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under stringent deadlines and to work independently
• Excellent attention to detail
Job Education Requirements: Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Laboratory Science
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Applications should be delivered to:
The Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC),
Plot 2C, Nakasero Hill Road next to Uganda Blood Bank.
P. O Box 7475 Kampala, Uganda. This advert can also be found on
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT COMMENTS:
1. All applications must be delivered on or before 5:00pm, Wednesday 16th October 2019
2. All applications must be accompanied by the following at the time of submission: Current CV, typed application letter, the contact details of three work related referees not relatives and copies of academic certificates.
3. Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
4. Applications cannot be amended following submission.
5. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FURTHER.
6. IDRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process neither does it use the services of any recruitment agencies.