Vacancy title: 6 Enrolled Midwife
Type: FULL TIME
Jobs at: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Deadline of this Job: 21 January 2020
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Lamwo , East Africa
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting nationals and refugees and various institutions in the country notably the government, community based organizations, the civil society and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, peace building, gender-based violence, economic recovery and agribusiness, and children & youth. https://www.rescue.org/country/uganda. IRC has a country office in Kampala, a regional office in Lamwo, Moroto, West Nile and in South western Uganda. Given the conflict outbreak in South Sudan, IRC extended its services to Palabek refugee settlement to support refugees being settled in Lamwo district.
IRC is currently looking for enthusiastic, hardworking and self-motivated persons to join our team to support the effective delivery of the organization’s mission.
TITLE: Enrolled Midwife (6 Position)
REPORTS TO: Registered Midwife
LOCATION: Palabek Refugee Settlement, Lamwo District
DURATION: 12 months, contingent on donor funding
The Enrolled Midwife shall be responsible for providing health education talks to women and their partners in the reproductive health facility and in the community. She will provide Antenatal, delivery, post-partum, post-natal care, family planning services and shall maintained environment friendly working space hence adhering to infection control and prevention practices. She will provide HIV/AIDS services including but not limited to counseling, eMTCT, EID and HAART services .
• Assess for reproductive health needs of adolescent girls and women of reproductive age group.
• Provide counseling and health education to clients before and after screening.
• Provide the full antenatal care package including screening tests at the facility and during community outreaches.
• Identifying high-risk pregnancies and organizing appropriate referrals.
• Provide basic emergency obstetric and neonatal care, adolescent sexual and reproductive services including prevention and treatment of HIV and other STIs.
• Provide information and linkage to elimination of mother to child transmission of HIV services.
• Provide care during labour and puerperium with emphasis on prevention of infection and ensuring successful breastfeeding.
• Participate in clinician ward rounds and provide bedside nursing care for admitted mothers.
• Provide post-natal care services for mother and baby including immunization, growth monitoring, support for breast-feeding and family planning.
• Ensure infection prevention and control is implemented according to MoH guideline.
• Provide clinical care for survivors of Sexual and Gender based violence.
• Participate in maternal and perinatal audit surveillance and response in the health facility.
• Participate in conducting community health activities related to Reproductive Health.
• Prepare daily, monthly activity reports and audits for the different reproductive health services.
• Adhere to the professional code of conduct and ethics.
• Participate in any other activity as directed by supervisor
Job Skills: Not Specified
Required Qualifications and Experiences:
• Must have enrolled midwifery certificate or equivalent
• Must be registered with the Nurses and Midwives council
• Relevant work experience of two years is essential.
• Be able to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Job Education Requirements: midwifery certificate
Job Experience Requirements: two years
Job application procedure
Please send filled IRC application form, cover letter, and Curriculum Vitae in ONE PDF attachment clearly indicating the position that you have applied for to: UA‐[email protected] or hands deliver to Human Resource department in IRC Lamwo Office, Located on Mission road, Palabek Kal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Monday 27th January 2020. Please note that if you do not follow the above instructions your application will be automatically disqualified.
Whilst all applications will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified Females are especially encouraged to apply. IRC is an equal opportunity Employer.