Vacancy title: 3 SMC Clinical Officers
Type: FULL TIME.
Category: Health Professionals
Jobs at: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Deadline of this Job: 28th October 2019
Duty Station: Within Uganda , ARUA , East Africa
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with a strong emphasis on infectious diseases through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment, Global Health Security, Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAPcertified IDI Core Lab) and Outreach.
Job Title : SMC Clinical Officer (1 position)
Vacancy Code : SMCCOX01
Classification : Full time
Reporting : West Nile Roving Team Lead
Duty Station : ARUA.
• Ensure eligibility for and conduct safe medical circumcision surgery for targeted clients at the supported facilities in West Nile.
• Oversee proper documentation (completeness, accuracy) all surgical and post-operative follow-up procedures in assigned sites.
• Ensure that circumcisions are carried out in accordance with agreed policies (MoH, WHO, PEPFAR) and existing SOPs.
• Participate in community demand creation and mobilization activities in the supported districts
• Support site teams in adverse event follow up and coordinate referral for above site management as required.
• Any other duty as may be assigned
• Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Heath
• Up to date registration with the Allied Health Professionals’ Council
• At least two years post-qualification professional experience
• Formal training, certification and experience in the clinical aspects of SMC service delivery is necessary.
Job Skills Requirements: Not Specified
Job Qualifications Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Two years
Job application procedure
IDI will offer a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate.
Candidates that know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, please send their CVs, which should include details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address not later than 28th, October 2019. (Email your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s save the environment).
1. IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
2. Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
3. Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached
as one document
4. Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject line of your email
5. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
6. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute – IDI Knowledge Centre,
Makerere University Main Campus
College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda