Job Title: Client Service Officer (30 Job Opportunities)
Duty Station: Different Locations, Uganda
Reports to: Branch Manager
To tackle this, SolarNow sells quality solar products and suitable appliances ranging from small household systems capable of powering a lights, radio, phone, TV and/or fridge to much larger systems suitable for offices, schools and machinery. Increasingly SolarNow is also catering to the needs of off-grid farmers by providing irrigation solutions and other agricultural appliances. SolarNow provides credit and service that allows customers to spread payments over 24 months and receive service for 5 years. The company has over 1,000 employees and a network of 50 branches in Uganda and 15 branches in Western Kenya. There are concrete plans to expand within and beyond these territories.
Job Summary: The Client Service Officer will be responsible for the identification of potential SolarNow clients, educating the clients on SolarNow products, sizing of the solar needs and advising the client on which products to get, afterward delivering after sales services for the rest of the duration of the contract with the client. The person will work closely with the credit officers and other support functions to ensure their continuously acquiring new clients hence expanding their client portfolio and they are maintaining their client portfolio by closely monitoring it, to ensure clients are paying on time.
You are someone who cares deeply about improving livelihoods in Africa, but you bring more than passion to the role: you have the grit and resilience to make change happen. You are excited about understanding this nascent industry, the SolarNow products, its unique value proposition and the difference they make. You are a sales and marketing champion with a proven track record in selling asset and also credit portfolio monitoring. You love enabling the society around you by providing services and products that have an impact in the community. You are a self-starter, can work with minimal supervision. You do not compromise on quality and expect the very best of yourself and others around you. You are creative and are able to ask the right questions, leading to deep understanding of SolarNow’s potential clients.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Market SolarNow products to individuals and firms, promoting SolarNow services that meet customers’ needs. Work with potential clients to identify their energy needs and to find ways of reaching those goals.
• Scan and analyse your assigned region for potential SolarNow products markets and develop referral networks in order to locate prospects for potential Solar system needs.
• Identify and Meet with SolarNow Potential clients to obtain information for potential Solar system needs and answer questions about the process of acquiring one.
• Explain to customers the different types of Solar products and services that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
• Analyse SolarNow Potential clients’ financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting potential Solar system on a credit or cash sale.
• Review and update potential applications forms, order forms and credit assessment forms to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy hence delivering the right client.
• Submit applications to credit officers for verification and recommendation.
• Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
• Continue to nature and monitor your client portfolio to ensure credit arrangement adherence and quality after sales services are achieved.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Solarnow Client Service Officer job placement must hold a Diploma or a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field of studies;
- Two years of experience in selling fixed assets or loans on cash and credit terms.
- Proven track record of success in sales and marketing.
- Confident, driven and a self-starter.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with the ability to spot original branding opportunities;
- At least 2 years of sales and marketing experience (experience in preferred work location is an added advantage).
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team.
- High level of oral and written communication skills;
- Experience in sales and Marketing in the solar industry, banking and microfinance is highly preferred.
- Fluency in English and the local language in the specific district is mandatory.
Compensation and benefits:
Salary and benefits are competitive, commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications to the Human Resource Manager, SolarNow Uganda Services via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with their updated CVs (no other documents). Please use the following subject: Application for Client Service Officer – Location – “Your Name”.
NB: SolarNow will review applications based on a first come first serve basis and might close the vacancy ahead of schedule should a suitable candidate haven been found.