Vacancy title: 40 Distribution Assistant/Volunteers
Type: FULL TIME.
Category: Social Services & Nonprofit
HUNGER FIGHTERS UGANDA (HFU)
Deadline of this Job: 23rd December 2019
Duty Station: Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Hunger Fighters Uganda, is WFP Cooperating Partners for General Food Assistance in Nakivale/Oruchinga and Kyangwali Refugee settlements. HFU wishes to recruit staff/volunteers to fill the positions tenable in the GFA project implemented in ISINGIRO and Kikuube Districts .
• Engage in Community mobilization for food distribution and other project activities in liaison with the Field Monitors, FDP Team Leader, Food Management Committee and Local leaders.
• Participate in beneficiary sensitization or meetings with community leaders as assigned by the field monitors.
• Ensure that distribution materials are clean and loaded into the vehicle at the time of departure to the field and return from the distribution point.
• Support offloading and stacking of commodities at the distribution site.
• Participate in random sampling and weighing of commodities at distribution site.
• Participate in beneficiary verification exercise at the registry point during food distribution.
• Participate in enforcing crowd control mechanism that will ensure an orderly and successful distribution. This includes fencing off the stacking area of the distribution site as agreed in the pre-distribution plan and arranging beneficiaries in line.
• Take part in scooping of commodities as assigned to you by the FDP Team Leader in charge of the given distribution.
• Report, as soon as possible, any incidences of fraud you have witnessed to the Field Monitor or Commodity Officer for immediate action to be taken.
• Supervise distribution corridors to ensure orderly distribution of food assistance.
• Attend to beneficiary Complaint and Feed Back Mechanism (CFM) desk.
• Support all FDP safety and security measures.
• Participate in the pre-distribution and post distribution activities as per the activity plans.
• Take part of the project Complimentary activities.
• Could be assigned to do data entry where need be.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Holds a Minimum of a Diploma in (Nutrition, MDD, Agriculture, Social Sciences Business Administration and other related disciplines).
• Knowledge of either Kiswahili or Kinyarwanda is a MUST
• Experience in community based interventions is an added advantage.
• Flexibility, good moral record, ability to communicate and work in a team are desirable qualities
• Ability to work for long hours is expected.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Applications should be addressed to • The Head of Human Resource, Hunger Fighters Uganda, P.O Box, 28175, Kampala. • Hand delivered to Hunger Fighters Uganda Mbarara Field Office at Nkokonjeru or /Head Office located Hoima Road, about 200metres Off the Kampala Northern bypass, Next to Africa Oil Station. Deadline for submission is 23rd December 2019 at 17:00pm and interviews are scheduled 27th – 30th December 2019. Note: HFU offers equal opportunities to both women and men