Organisation: Uganda Prisons Service
Duty Station: Uganda
Ref: HRM/PA 76/193/1
Salary Scale: U4
Uganda Prisons Service has a vision of becoming a Centre of excellence in providing human rights based correctional services in Africa. Its primary mandate is to guide the Government on policy matters relating to themanagement, development and administration of the service.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The applicants will serve as the In- Charges for Prisons Institutions
- The incumbent will be responsible for safety and security of the institutions.
- Ensure humane correctional training of inmates confined therein
- Overseeing and appraising subordinate staff.
- In charge of enforcing discipline of institutional staff and inmates.
- Responsible for general accountability of all Government stores under his/her supervision.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the 50 Cadet Assistant Superintendents ofPrisons (General Duties) must be Ugandans who possess an Honours Bachelor’s Degree either in Arts/ Humanities, Social or Pure/Applied Sciences from a recognized University or Institution.
- Successful candidates must be prepared to undergo twelve (12) months of rigorous physical training at the Prisons Staff College and Training School plus three (3) months attachment. The applicants should be physically and medically fit and should not have been convicted of criminal offence in any courts of law.
- The applicants must be prepared and willing to work in difficult conditions and environment.
- Age: 22-30 Years
NB: Presentation of forged/false documents or impersonation is criminal and shall be prosecuted in courts of law.
How to Apply for the job:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should be filled in triplicate on Public Service Form No. 3 (2008), download here, and submit it to the Secretary, Prisons Authority at Uganda Prisons Headquarters, Plot 13/15 Parliament Avenue, P. O. Box 7182, Kampala. Uganda.
Hand written applications are also acceptable. Applicants should attach three (3) sets of photocopies of their certificates and academic transcripts plus three (3) recent passport-size photographs.
NB: All applicants who are already in Government Service should route their applications through their Heads of Department who should be informed of the closing date to avoid delay.
Deadline: Monday, 3rd August 2015