Job Title: Assistant Accountant – Credit Control
Organisation: Monitor Publications Limited (MPL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Revenue Accountant
Monitor Publications Limited (MPL), a Nation Media Group Company is Uganda’s most influential media house, operating The Daily Monitor, Saturday Monitor and Sunday Monitor newspapers, 93.3 KFM, 90.4 Dembe FM, Nation Couriers and the Monitor Business Directory.
Job Summary: The Assistant Accountant – Credit Control will appraise credit customers, generate invoices and statements to advertising clients and reconcile the customer accounts to ensure revenue assurance and maximize collections and cash flow.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasked with billing and reconciliation of Accounts in Print, Digital and Radio
- Bill all the Classified Adverts daily
- Provide support to the internal and external debt stakeholders
- Reconciliation of the Debtors’ Accounts, with emphasis on Allocation of receipts
- Prepare Reports – weekly & monthly including make goods, complimentaries.
- Ensure that all agency invoices have the necessary supporting documents
- Send monthly customer statements
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Monitor Publications Limited (MPL) Assistant Accountant – Credit Control job should hold a bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration. Accounting and Finance, Statistics or any other related field from an accredited institution.
- Certified Public Accountant with relevant professional qualifications e.g. ACCA CPA
- Three to five years of working experience m Finance and Accounting in an FMCG company Core Business acumen – good commercial and business awareness
- Working experience with an ERP
- High standards of Integrity
- Analytical, enquiring mind
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and with tight time constraints
- Highly organized with ability to multitask
- Good communication skills oral and written
How to Apply:
Al suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications, detailed CVs and academic documents with daytime telephone number(s) addressed to:
The Head of Human Resource,
Monitor Publications Ltd.,
P.O. Box 12141, Kampala, Uganda.
E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 3rd August 2018